Chapter 6: The Trial Of Eren Yeager

I do not own Attack on Titan. Attack on Titan is owned by Hajime Isayama and produced by Wit Studio and Production I.G and is published by Kodansha.

2 Days Later*

The Year Is 850*

Elizabeth Morningstar's POV*(Age: 19)

It took the Garrison a whole day of non-stop firing to take all the Titans out.

They did capture two Titans who we were gonna have to dispose of later.

The Garrison and those of us with the Training Corps were currently working to gather the bodies of fallen soldiers in Trost to prevent a secondhand disaster epidemic.

Jean Kirschtein's POV*(Age: 16)

I was helping with the disease prevention when I looked down and saw Marco half way eaten.

I said, "Hey... Is that... Marco?".

One of the doctors came over and asked, "Do you know his name?".

I shocked by this asked, "I wasn't gonna look... but... I can't believe that happened to him... Marco... What happened? S... Somebody... anybody... see what happened here?".

The doctor asked, "What's his name? If you know it, answer me right now... Do you understand? Two days have passed since the wall was plugged up with the boulder. But we're still collecting bodies. At this rate, there's a risk of contagious disease. We have to prevent a secondary disaster. Right now, there's no time to mourn your fallen comrades. Got it?".

I sadly said, "Marco Bodt of the 104th Training Corps.".

The doctor wrote his name down and said, "Marco... it's a good thing you know his name. Let's continue working.".

Elizabeth Morningstar's POV*

We were looking over all the dead bodies and I noticed Annie frozen in place.

Annie was frozen in place and she said, "I'm sorry... I'm sorry, I...".

I put a hand on Annie's shoulder and said, "Contrition does them no good. There's no point in apologizing. Let's hurry up and get the funeral over with.".

Reiner said, "After all the training we did... endurance runs... horseback riding... unarmed combat... lectures on strategy... technical skills... Omni-Directional maneuvering... all for nothing.".

A little later, we were burning the corpses of the dead.

Conny was sitting on the ground.

Conny said, "We worked so hard... we did so much... was it all for nothing?".

I looked down at Jean and he said, "What... should I... do now?".

Jean stood up and walked over to us saying, "Hey... you guys... Have you decided which branch of the military you're gonna apply to?".

He looked away and said, "I've decided, I... I'm... I'm gonna join the Scout Regiment.".

Elsewhere*

Eren Yeager's POV*

Commander Erwin of the Scout Regiment finished explaining everything that's happened over the course of my three-day coma.

Commander Erwin asked, "Any questions?".

I mentally asked, "Commander Erwin? Head of the Scout Regiment's Task Force? What's he doing here? And Captain Levi?".

I said, "U-Um... Uh... Where... Where am I?".

Erwin said, "I think it's obvious. Let's just call it a dungeon. You're currently in the custody of the Military Police. We were granted permission to see you only just now." and I noticed chains attached to my wrists.