Chapter 9: The Wall Rose Invasion

I do not own Attack on Titan. Attack on Titan is owned by Hajime Isayama and produced by Wit Studio and Production I.G and is published by Kodansha.

A Few Days Later*

The Year Is 850*

Hange's POV*

We got Annie Leonhart and her crystal ready for transport.

I then heard soldiers gasping.

I looked up and saw what appeared to be a Titan inside of the wall.

I said, "A Titan?! In the wall?! It can't be!".

Moblit asked, "Your orders, Section Commander?".

I said, "Huh? What? Hold on!".

I mentally said, "Was that there just by coincidence? Or does this mean...?".

Someone put their hand on my shoulder and I looked down and saw that it was Minister Nick.

I asked, "Minister Nick?".

Minister Nick said, "Listen to me. Whatever you do, you must keep that Titan out of the sunlight!".

I said, "Huh?".

I organized everyone and we began to get the partial hole covered while me and Pastor Nick headed upstairs to the top of the wall.

We soon got the entire hole covered with sheets and I said, "Now then, it's time for you to talk. What is this Titan? What is it doing inside the wall? And... why did you people keep this a secret all this time? And I'm gonna need some answers now.".

Minister Nick stood up and said, "I don't have time for this nonsense! I have work to do! I'm a busy man! My church and followers have been devastated! This is your fault! I will demand restitution! Do you know who I am? Now let me back down!".

I said, "Certainly." and grabbed him by his robe and held him on the edge of the wall.

I asked, "Will straight down do?".

Moblit said, "Section Commander!".

I turned to Moblit and said, "Stay back.".

I looked back and said, "Enough of this! Let me ask you something. Do you people know why we Scouts have shed so much blood?! To take back our freedom from the Titans! I was willing to sacrifice my own life for that cause! I'm not asking you to talk, I'm ordering you. Is that clear? And if you won't talk, I'll try the next person. Your measly life wouldn't make up for much, anyway!".

Minister Nick said, "Let... go of me!".

I asked, "Like this? Right now?".

Minister Nick extended his hands out and said, "Yes!".

I said, "Fine, then. Die.".

Moblit said, "Section Commander!".

Minister Nick said, "Kill me and learn! We will fulfill our duty, without fail! So let go of me this instant! Deliver me... O Lord...".

I threw him to the ground and I chuckled saying, "Just kidding. I wasn't serious. Tell me, Minister Nick... Are all the walls made of Titans?".

Moblit said, "Section Commander...".

I said, "Whew, I forgot how this feels. I haven't felt this way since my first time outside the walls. Talk about terrifying..." and the bells started going off. 

12 Hours Earlier*

South of Wall Sina*

Elizabeth Morningstar's POV*