seven

Over the next couple of weeks, Taehyung and Jeongguk go on several dates and it feels like how it used to feel back when they had just started seeing each other. The comfort is there, thankfully, and there's no longer the same nervous silence that used to fill up the spaces between them before they fell in love.

It seems to Taehyung that Jeongguk grows more and more beautiful each day. It's only right that he's a tattoo artist, inking art when he's art himself. Whenever Taehyung's free from work, he makes it a routine to visit Jeongguk at the shop.

"What does it mean if someone gives you a pansy flower?", Taehyung asks one night as he perches himself by the counter while Jeongguk inks a flower into someone.

"What color?"

Taehyung's mouth twists, trying to remember the flower someone had left on his desk at work. 

"Yellow."

Jeongguk turns his head to look at Taehyung, brows raised. 

"You've got an admirer at work?"

"What? What does it mean?"

The boy shrugs. 

"Yellow pansy says 'I'm thinking of you' so I'm guessing someone is crushing on you."

"Oh.", Taehyung hums, watching as Jeongguk turns back to work on the woman. His shoulders had slumped, somehow, and he isn't working with the same eagerness he had just five minutes ago. 

"You okay?"

"Yep.", Jeongguk is quick to say, nodding his head. 

"Why wouldn't I be?"

Amused, Taehyung gets off from leaning against the counter to go over to the ink table, pretending to take interest in the flowers laid out for reference. 

"Are you jealous?"

Jeongguk looks up then, a brow quirked up. 

"Should I be jealous?"

"You sound jealous."

The sigh that leaves Jeongguk sounds too close to annoyed and Taehyung knows his assumption is right. It's cute, he thinks, but there's no reason for Jeongguk to be envious. His entire heart belongs to him. Instead of responding, Jeongguk continues to work.

"Hey.", Taehyung murmurs then, reaching up to brush back the boy's hair. 

"Whoever that could be, I don't want them as I want you."

Jeongguk's cheeks flush pink, causing Taehyung's smile to widen before he presses a kiss to that same cheek. "I'll see you tonight for dinner, yeah?"

He doesn't wait for Jeongguk to respond before he leaves. A smile on his face.