eight

"You coming to Hoseok party?", Jihan is asking in the middle of sipping at his kimchi stew, sitting cross-legged on the floor while Minjae transfers more of the meat from his bowl into Jihan's. 

"He said if you don't come he'll have to commit murder."

Taehyung snickers, eyes on his phone since Jeongguk seems to be free and replying to him within a minute or two. 

"Is that his way of saying he missed me?"

Minjae laughs, nodding. "Probably. Also even if you do go to the party, he's going to kill you anyway. For not going to see him immediately."

"I was busy!"

Jihan scoffs, mouth full. "Busy courting Jeongguk, we know. Oh, why don't you bring him? It'll be so fun!"

As if on cue, Jeongguk's message comes true, asking taehyung if he has any plans over the weekend. Taehyung takes only a moment to consider Jihan's suggestion, typing a reply and sending it immediately.

TaeTae 

Party at Ten's with me?

Jeongguk's reply came about thirty seconds later.

Gukkie

Pick me up at 8?

And taehyung knows it's a date. His smile is enough to tell the two boys that Jeongguk would be coming with them.

"Are you guys back together yet?", Jihan asks, finishing up with his dinner.

Taehyung shrugs his shoulders. 

"Maybe."

"I'm glad you guys talked it out.", Minjae says, his dinner bowl empty and now enjoying the leftover watermelon slices they have prepared. 

"You moving back into your old apartment maybe?"

"Possibly.", Taehyung says softly, the idea of it making him just a little excited. 

"Most of my things are still there, I think. We just need time."

"Aw, man.", Jihan fakes a whine. 

"You mean to say when you go back we won't get free dinner anymore? What a bummer. It's like having your dad go off and get married."

Taehyung laughs, rolling his eyes and throwing a pillow at the boy, accidentally hitting his bottle water instead. 

"Shut up, I'm not your dad. Besides, Jeongguk loves you guys. Just drop by whenever."

"And turn it into walking in on your parents having sex? No thanks!"

"Gross!", Minjae grimaces though he does share a laugh with Jihan like it's some kind of inside joke. 

"No, dude, I'd rather jump off a cliff."

"Grow up." Taehyung says as he gets off the couch, no real bite to his words though he does throw them a little smile. 

"At least I'd be getting laid."

He won't even add the fact that he's heard them a couple of times when they don't notice that he's home, to spare them from the embarrassment, but Taehyung knows he has something to blackmail them with if the teasing continues.