nine

The first thing Taehyung does when he sees Jeongguk step out from the lobby of his apartment come Saturday night is stare at the boy, maybe a little longer than appropriate. 

He can't take all the blame, in his defence; he'd noticed Jeongguk's hair had gotten longer over the past few weeks but staring at him now, all he could think is that Jeongguk looks absolutely stunning with the longer strands dyed a light brown, looking soft and silky and pushed back so they don't cover his eyes. He has a wide smile on his lips. Pretty.

When Jeongguk reaches his car and he still doesn't say anything, the boy pouts. 

"Do you hate it?"

"What? No!", Taehyung quickly shakes his head. 

"No, no, no. God, no. You look good, baby. Did you do that today?"

Jeongguk smiles, a little shyly. 

"I booked an appointment this morning and had it done. Are you sure it looks okay on me?"

"Babe.", Taehyung laughs then, his hands automatically going up to cup the younger's face. 

"You're gorgeous. Absolutely, one hundred percent, out of this world. Didn't you see me die just now?"

Jeongguk laughs too, shoving Taehyung off playfully and sticking his tongue out to mask his reserve as he goes around to get into the passenger side of the car. Taehyung climbs in as well and when Jeongguk's buckled in, he sees the same smile still stretched across his face.

When they got to Hoseok's ridiculously huge house, the party's already started. People are at every corner of the place; out front in the yard, back at the pool, the first floor going up to the second. It's impossible to find Jihan or Minjae, let alone Hoseok, who must be preoccupied.

Taehyung has a hand curled around Jeongguk's wrist so he doesn't lose him, and maybe just a tad bit possessive because Jeongguk is looking like a whole buffet in his whole getup; silky white shirt he left a few buttons undone, exposing his collarbone and a pair of tight jeans that hugged his thighs. People with eyes could tell just how many of these idiots might shoot a shot.

He didn't realize just how boring parties could get when you have your eyes on someone and only want to talk to them. And all he wants to do is talk to Jeongguk. They do talk or rather try to, over the loud music, but eventually, all the noise makes Taehyung irritable.

"Wanna go somewhere a little quieter?", he asks, leaning closer so Jeongguk could hear him better.

"There's a room upstairs that Hoseok won't let anyone he doesn't trust use."

Jeongguk is quick to nod, clearly wanting to get away from the crowd and the blasting music as much as taehyung does. He takes it as a cue to pull Jeongguk up the stairs with him, the younger following quietly.

Unlike the second floor, the third is deserted. Taehyung knows Hoseok reserves the rooms here for close friends if they decide to crash and he'd been here enough times before to know which room has the nicest view. It's a perk of being friends with Hoseok, who he still couldn't find.

When he leads Jeongguk to the room at the end of the corridor, he opens it and lets Jeongguk step in first before he locks the door behind them.

"How rich is Hoseok?", Jeongguk asks, turning to look at Taehyung with a look of disbelief on his face. 

"This room is bigger than our apartment."

Taehyung laughs, going over to the balcony door that opens up to a view of the beach downhill. 

"I forgot how good it looks from here."

"If I had a view like this, I'd never leave the house.", Jeongguk says with another laugh, his smile soft.

Noticing Taehyung staring, Jeongguk's eyes meet his. 

"What is it, Taehyung?"

"Nothing.", Taehyung shakes his head, reaching out to brush back Jeongguk's hair. 

"You just look really good tonight. Makes me wanna kiss you."

Even under the moonlight, Taehyung could see pink dusting Jeongguk's cheeks. 

"You can kiss me if you'd like."

He'd kissed Jeongguk a million times before so he wonders why his heart is beating a little too fast against his chest as if this would be the first time. He doesn't dive right in, instead, allowing the back of his fingers to caress the soft of Jeongguk's cheek.

It's like a magnetic pull, the way they lean closer to each other without even realizing it. Jeongguk's head tilts up, soft, gentle. Taehyung is about to press his lips to Jeongguk's when the younger speaks.

"You're so handsome.", he whispers, a little too breathily that Taehyung couldn't help but chuckle.

Jeongguk smiles and Taehyung doesn't waste any more time as he leans down and kisses him. It feels new and refreshing, like kissing for the first time. Jeongguk's hand comes up to curl around the front of Taehyung's shirt and Taehyung deepens the kiss when Jeongguk's mouth parts, allowing him in. His hand rose to wrap around the boy's jaw only so he could keep him in place.

Unlike the first time they've ever kissed, many years ago, this time there is a wordless need to be closer, to feel each other's skin under the pads of their fingers and Taehyung takes in the way he kisses Jeongguk with added fervour, an intensified hunger he didn't know he was suffering from until now.

It's the little whimper that leaves Jeongguk that prompts Taehyung into taking it another step further. Without breaking the kiss, he leads Jeongguk back into the room, hands working on the silk shirt that falls off Jeongguk's shoulders like a soft caress.

Jeongguk's deft fingers undo the buttons of Taehyung's shirt, all while he swirls his tongue around Taehyung's, tasting him, drinking him in. They don't stop until the back of Jeongguk's knees hit the edge of the bed and he falls upon the flush mattress.