Chapter 2

***Here you guys go :) Sorry for the day-late update, but I hope you like this chapter!***

***(Lloyd's POV)***

"I knew I shouldn't have let you back in the driver's seat!" Skylor growls. "You never ask for directions!"

Kai throws a hand in the air, causing the van to drift toward the right. "I thought I recognized where we were!"

I sigh. "Let me put in the monastery's address on my phone, Kai." I pull it out and punch in the directions.

We should only be a few hours out. Then, I can get unpacked and head for Harumi's party. To be honest, I really don't feel like going now. I just want to get outside and stretch my legs, then maybe take a shower and –

I double-take. "Kai, it says we're five hours from home!"

Nya groans. "I can't take the attitude of this car anymore! Skylor, can you please drive?"

"Everyone is fine where they are," Kai fumes. "I don't need a swap."

"Can I at least get a chance to go outside?" Nya exclaims. "We've been driving since seven this morning!"

"Let me handle this, Sis," Skylor smirks. "Kai, please stop at the closest rest area so we can take a break."

"No."

"Kai, we can take cute couple photos for your Instagram if you stop."

He debates. "I get that my fans have needs, but we're not stopping. We're going to be home late, as it is."

She sighs dramatically. "I guess we won't have a chance to kiss behind the 'Welcome to Stiix' sign."

He changes lanes. "Let's go."

I try to stay silent throughout the whole ordeal, even though I really want to side with Kai. We're already going to be home two hours later than expected. I'm going to be super late for Harumi's party, and I don't even want to go.

But I did promise her.

"You look upset," Nya muses.

I blush. "Um, nothing. Nothing at all. Hey, got any more gummi worms?"

"You ate them all during your sugar rush last night, remember?"

I shake my head. "It was all a blur."

"Good thing. You scared us all within an inch of our lives when you got into Cole's suitcase and – ooh, wolabers!"

"Oh, really?" Jay leans closer to my window. "What are they doing standing up?"

"They're keeping guard," I explain. "Now, what was that about me getting into Cole's luggage?"

Jay plasters his face to his own window. "They're on my side, too! What are you doing standing up, Wolaber?"

Nya frowns. "We just explained – "

"Another one!" Jay yells excitedly. "What are you doing standing up, Wolaber?"

Nya giggles. "That's so stupid, Jay. Stop – "

He repeats himself, and she doubles over in laughter.

Kai groans. "Shut up already! We all know there are wolabers standing up!"

I raise my voice. "Is anyone going to tell me what I did last night? Anyone?"