Chapter 15

***Is it just me, or is Paul Anka either smoldering or smiling seductively in all his photos? LOL

Here's your last chapter! The epilogue will be coming soon...***

***(Lloyd's POV)***

"Lloyd? Lloooooooooyd? Ninjago to Lloyd Garmadon, this is your best friend speaking. Open your eyes and see your glorious, grandma-dressing teammate."

I moan, just cracking my eyes open. "N-Nya?"

"And he's back!" she exclaims, beaming. "Jay, before you threaten to dogpile him again, you keep your butt in your chair. Lloyd's in bad shape, and quite frankly, so are you. Do you need more pain medicine?"

I look around the room to see the entire team. Well, minus Kai and Skylor. Is Skylor even part of the team? Nah. She just helps us out sometimes. So I guess just Kai is gone.

"Did you guys find my dad?" I force out, feeling thirsty.

Nya grabs a Styrofoam cup of water and presses it to my lips. "This has my germs on it, but it's still water. You're welcome."

I push the glass away after a long drink. "My father?"

"They found him," she reassures me, her face serious. "He's in police custody right now, and Kai and Skylor are watching him."

That explains a lot.

"It's only been a few hours since you passed out," she continues. "You're a little busted up, but just fine." Her eyes narrow, and she steps back. "Jay, get back down in your seat!" She pushes him down. "You shouldn't even be here. Golly, am I going to have to sit on you, just to make sure you don't get up?"

Cole clears his throat. "Stop encouraging him, Nya." He turns to me. "How are you feeling?"

"Tired. A little pained, but I'm fine."

Nya wrestles Jay down into a chair. "Just so you know, Lloyd, I called your girlfriend once I finally located her number. I may not like her, but you did ask for her, so..."

"Rumi," I smile. "Okay. Is she coming?"

"You bet. She was glad to hear you're all right. I had to fib about what happened to you, though. I said you got into a fight with one of those pervs from school."

"What pervs from school?" Jay moans, holding his mouth.

Nya rubs his neck. "Cole, get his pain meds out of my backpack, would you? And Jay...well, whatever. You're bound to learn about it at some point." She sighs. "Who wants to tell the story?"

Cole chuckles. "Nya and I beat up two dudes who propositioned her at school."

Jay's eyes widen. "They...w-what?"

"Yeah, I know." She shakes her head. "Losers."

"My mom would've called them super rats," he mumbles. "I'm really sorry that happened to you, Nya."

Cole coughs. "There may be more to the story."

"In fact, there is," Zane puts in. "The two so-called 'super rats' – I assume that term is a reference to the 1961 Breakfast at Tiffany's film – propositioned Nya in the first place because inappropriate photos of her in her underwear were apparently captured. Said photos were then printed out as posters and taped around the school cafeteria, and now they have inundated social media – "

"No," Jay gasps. "No. You...did they touch you? I'm so sorry, Nya!" His eyes brim with tears.

Nya awkwardly pats his back. "It's okay, Jay. Zane was a little harsh with that, wasn't he? But it's not so bad, in light of everything that's happened today. I mean, we're all still alive, so that's good. And Kai and Zane and the police are working on getting those pictures taken down."