Epilogue

***This is the one song I've been planning to use the whole book. It makes things so much better, so LISTEN TO IIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!***

***(Harumi's POV)***

Two and a half weeks later

"Hey, Rumi," Lloyd smiles in that boyish way I can't let myself love. "Come look at this."

I come to stand beside him. He's peering over Cole's shoulder as the boy laughs hysterically.

I'm sure they love having him in the school library.

"Have you seen the video?" Cole asks.

"I assume you mean the one of Jay on anesthetics?" I ask playfully. "Everyone's seen that video." Which is true. And I have to admit, it's pretty funny.

I watch as Jay pulls Nya close to him, calling her a nightlight. Apparently, it's just what she needed to hear.

I block the pain that threatens to close up my throat. I don't care about Nya. I don't care about anybody but myself. That's the best way.

In fact, Nya's the easiest for me to hate. We sometimes see each other in the hallway and just glare at each other. I'm making some good progress on becoming evil.

"Have you read the comments section yet?" Cole grins.

Lloyd squints. "From emoxxkissyfacebae: 'Gimme dis boi's number'." He cracks up.

"From ya_boo_boo: 'THIS IS THE SWEETEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN'.

"And another, from pamgrandmaof3: 'What a sweet young man'."

"Jay has fangirls!" Cole laughs. "Who would've thought?"

Not me. He's a nerd.

I do think he and Nya wouldn't make a bad couple, though. Just because I don't want her chasing after Lloyd.

They spend a lot of time together at school, and Lloyd doesn't seem to get that now that he has a girlfriend, he should hang out with me more. I don't want her taking him away from me.

Even if I can't let myself love him.

I look back at the video to see Jay hugging Nya as she cries, sporting the goofiest of smiles. Cole stifles a laugh in the background.

"Cole!" Jay yells, running toward us. A nearby librarian shushes him angrily, but he ignores her.

"Cole, are you showing that video again?" he asks anxiously. "You know I don't like it when you do that!"

"Relax, Jay. You're famous. You're number one on BorgTube, and you've been reposted 2.3 million times on the Chirp app!"

"I don't want to be famous for that," he moans, burying his face in his hands. "Now the whole world knows that I'm in love with Nya."

"What about me?" she asks innocently, coming up to us with a big smile on her face. Well, she has a grimace for me, but a smile for everyone else.

"Um...n-nothing, Nya," Jay blushes. "How was, um, that test in English class?"

She shrugs. "A breeze. I prefer math and science, but when all you do is study and train...anyway, it was easy. What are you guys watching?"

Cole turns to her with a grin. "Only that viral video of you and Jay after he had his tonsils taken out."

She moans. "Guys, that totally paints us wrong! Jay wasn't in his right mind when he said and did most of that stuff, and you make it look like it's something entirely different!" She turns to Jay. "Not that I don't, um, appreciate what you did for me there. When, um, I was upset and all." She fiddles with the edge of her shirt. "Sorry. I'm not good with 'thank you's'."