Chapter 6

***(Lloyd's POV)***

I sit in the backseat of Kai's car, my head reclined against the window. We just now dropped Harumi off, and the party is still in full swing. Her brother ended up showing me inside so I could carry her to her room. That girl drank a lot of alcohol.

Paleman told me his parents would literally have Harumi's hide if they figured out she'd had any beer, so I confiscated several cases. I don't know what I'll do with them, but they certainly can't be at Rumi's. Her brother's already going to have a hard enough time cleaning up.

"So..." Kai says.

"I'm done with tonight," I sigh. I'm worried about Harumi, and my whole body aches from the motorcycle crash earlier.

"You sure you're okay?" Skylor asks.

"Just terrific. I feel fantastic."

Kai sighs. "I'm sorry, Lloyd, but you pulled a stupid." He's about to lecture me, but Skylor stops him.

"Let it go, Kai. He's had a long night. You can talk to him about it in the morning."

He looks like he might argue, but after giving me a look in the rearview mirror, he shuts up.

At some point, I drift off. Next thing I know, Kai's got one of my arms over his shoulder, and he's helping me walk into the monastery.

Nya meets us at the door, her eyes huge with worry. "What happened?"

"Bike accident," I grunt. Kai drags me off to the kitchen, and Nya's hot on our heels.

"Are you okay?" she demands.

"Just fine."

She gives me a stubborn look and flips on the kitchen light. "That's not true. I know that face, Lloyd. Where are you hurting?"

"Literally everywhere."

Nya growls and runs off to find some bandages and antiseptic.

Kai sets me down in a kitchen chair. "Take it easy, would you? I'm going to go drop Skylor off. She's meeting with some investors about the noodle business tomorrow."

This would be her evil father's former business. After it was discovered that the guy killed her mom and tried to sell his own daughter to some creep, he was put in prison.

He's also the one who had Kai and Nya's house set on fire, and he almost killed the latter. He'll be incarcerated for a long time – maybe a lifetime, since he's getting older.

***Music Cue***

Nya reenters the kitchen, and Kai stretches.

"You got this, Sis?"

She nods. "Go take Skye home. Tell her I said goodbye, okay?"

"You got it." He tosses her a wave and leaves.

She pours a little antiseptic on a rag, then gently wipes at my forehead. "So...what really happened? You're pretty careful with your motorcycle."

I sigh. "Nya...what would you do if somebody new to Ninjago City asked you to hang out at a party, and it turns out they had a really traumatic past, and all you wanted to do was take care of that person?"

She blinks. "I assume this isn't a theoretical question."

"It's not."

She runs the cloth over my cheek, and I wince at a sting.

"Sorry," she murmurs. "Well...I guess I would do everything in my power to help that person. It's kind of what you did with me when I came to Ninjago City."