Chapter 2: Following

You stare at your screen, completely aghast. Letting out a shocked laugh, you blink, making sure you aren't imagining it. Dream followed you back. Running out your dorm, you call Liam.

"Hello? Y/N?" He says drowsily.

"I'm coming to your room. Unlock it." You say, and then hang up.

You enter Liam's dorm building and peek around the corner to ensure no one's in the hallway. Once you confirm it, you shuffle down the hall and throw open Liam's door. Right before you can speak, he puts his hand over your mouth, shaking his head.

"My roommate. Let's sit in the hall."

You roll your eyes, surprised he would even suggest such an absurd idea.

"We'll get caught, dumbass," You whisper, trying not to wake up his roommate.

He shakes his head, "I'm friends with the hall manager person. They won't care."

You glance out the door hesitantly, not sure if it's safe or not. Liam tugs your sleeve, pulling you out the door. He quietly closes the door behind you, and sits down, propping his back against the wall. Grinning, you face your phone screen to him. He blinks, confused at first. You giggle quietly as you watch his jaw drop. He snatches your phone clean out of your hands, examining the screen.

"You're joking. Y/N, this is amazing. Oh my god. DREAM. One of the best YouTubers ever. No. THE best YouTuber ever." He continues to ramble on, his voice getting louder and more excited. You attempt to suppress your laughter, failing miserably. Both of you start talking over one another, trying to get a word out. Suddenly, Liam's door swings open. You scream at the dark figure towering over both you and Liam.

"If you guys do not shut the hell up, I will personally murder both of you."

"Sorry, man," Liam chuckles nervously, sweat pooling at his temple, "We'll stay quiet."

The door creaks closed behind his roommate, and both you and Liam slowly turn to each other. You let go of a breath you didn't know you were holding. Liam releases your hand, which you didn't even realize he was holding. Liam hands over your phone, making sure every movement of his is quiet.

"Should I DM him?" You ask, looking up at Liam who's face is still pale. He hushes at you, waving his hands around frantically. You roll your eyes again, laughing slightly at his attempt to quiet you. You fall backward, gazing at the ceiling. After a few minutes of silence, you decide you might as well.

hey Dream! i was honestly shocked when i saw you followed me. just wanted to say i love your content, and i hope our channels can interact more. You turn the screen to Liam for approval, and he nods. Holding your breath, you send it. You launch the phone across the hallway, burying your face in your hands. Liam grins, rubbing your shoulder in an attempt of comfort. About two minutes later, you hear your phone ding, and you jolt up, glancing at Liam. He scrambles to your phone on all fours. You observe his face, trying to read his expression as his eyes dart back and forth, signifying he's reading something. His lips turn upwards in a small smile, and he hands the phone back to you. You nervously read the reply.

hey y/n. whats up. tbh when i saw you followed me, i was surprised too. me and george have been watching your content for a little bit and congrats on 1m btw.

You smile, replying to his DM. Liam watches closely over your shoulder as you and Dream chat back and forth. Soon enough, you've exchanged phone numbers. You gasp as you receive a follow from GeorgeNotFound, as well as a DM. Liam nuzzles his chin onto your shoulder, and you hear his breaths slow down. You grimace at the weight, but try to ignore it. Returning back to twitter, you grin at Dream's newest tweet.

just made a new friend. kinda happy rn.

You reply to it, trying not to be cringe.

i made one too how funny. glad we're both happy.

You shut off your phone, grinning stupidly at the floor.

-Two weeks later-

"And I'm here with George and a new addition, Y/N. Make sure to check out both of their channels, they're awesome."

Three hours go by in a flash, made up of you and George failing to kill Dream as he laughs at all your mistakes. You're grinning the entire time, ignoring how stupid you must look. When you finally finish recording, Dream, and you trade snarky remarks before Dream says goodbye, leaving you and George in the chat. Glancing at the clock, you let George know you have to go in an hour or so. He groans, complaining about how he'll be bored. Over these past two weeks, you and George grew closer and closer. Every night you two call before going to bed, occasionally joined by Dream. You absolutely adore George. However, the same cannot be said for Dream. While you enjoy Dream's presence and love recording with him, your personalities do not match. He's stubborn and cocky. Dream isn't afraid of letting you know he's better than you. It pisses you off, even though it's true.

Dream's a fantastic person, but you cannot stand him at times. The majority of your friendship with him has been passive-aggressive comments and an ongoing competition on who is better that never seems to end. George tells you he finds it hilarious, but you can tell he gets anxious sometimes. You don't blame him either.

You and George chat until you force yourself to leave. He sighs, letting out an exaggerated goodbye. You walk to class, feeling as if you're floating. Liam slips in next to you, slinging his arm around your shoulders. He asks for an update about Dream and George, and you excitedly tell him. You turn to face him, finishing off the story. Pausing mid-sentence, you frown at his facial expression. He looks ticked off, and he refuses to make eye contact with you.

"Liam?" You tug his sleeve, willing for him to meet your gaze.

He looks down at you, his facial expression lightening up. You can tell it's forced.

"Let's get to class," he says, opening the door for you. You walk in, confusion written all over your face. As he strides in front of you, you watch the back of his head.

Jealousy?

(spoiler: u see dreams face next chapter ;). it may be hard lol cuz idek what he looks like except for george's desrciption)