Chapter 7: Universal Studios

"Y/n..." a sweet voice murmurs above you. You groan, flipping over to shove your face in your pillow.

"Five more minutes," you mutter, trying to get back to the dream you were woken up from.

"Fine. If you want Clay to beat you to breakfast," Alyssa says with a hint of mischief in her delicate voice.

You jump out of bed, suddenly wide awake. Rubbing your eyes, you look around, distorted. Alyssa watches humorously as you attempt to change and brush your hair at the same time. She helps you with your hair after noticing you missed more than half of your h/c hair.

"Blue or black?" You ask her, holding two long sleeve shirts up to your torso.

"Black. It's chilly today. And maybe bring a light jacket," she suggests, grabbing one of her own.

"No, it's okay. I'll just end up holding it the whole time."

"If you insist. Are you ready?" Alyssa asks, looking you up and down. You nod enthusiastically, almost forgetting your wallet as you sprint out the door. You look up and down the halls and smile broadly at George, who stumbles out his room groggily. Clay looks at you and laughs, pointing at your ruffled hair. You grumble to yourself as you quickly make your way to the elevator, flattening your hair. Liam joins you in the elevator.

"Morning, Y/n," he says sweetly, combing your hair down with his fingers as the door slides closed behind Nick and Alyssa. You smile up at him, and he turns away, annoyed at the effect you have on him. Nick leans against the wall next to you, and you enthusiastically debate what kind of food they'll have at the buffet. Clay joins in, and George rolls his eyes at you three as Alyssa and Liam stand awkwardly next to each other, a blush painting Alyssa's face.

Clay cuts in front of you as you fill your plate full of sausage and bacon, and you push past him only for him to do the same. You shove against each other, both trying to reach the next bowl of food. Eventually, Clay gives up and makes fun of you for being childish as you pout in front of him.

"Embarrassing, really. It's like you're our child," he says, digging his elbow in your head as a sort of armrest. You push him off, sticking out your tongue as you find your way to a table with George. You complain to him about Clay's antics, and he shakes his head at you, telling you to ignore him. You frown, stuffing your face with way too much food.

"Gross," Clay says as he slides into the seat across from George.

You glare at him, but slow down anyways. Soon, everyone's settled in and talking over the sound of clattering silverware. After half an hour, you make one last trip upstairs before climbing into Clay's car. You squeeze in between Liam and Alyssa, trying to open up as much room as possible for Nick to fit in next to Liam.

You mention how you are breaking the law by not buckling up, but Clay dismisses you as he pulls out of the parking lot, loading up his GPS. You watch Liam scroll through social media as the radio plays quietly in the background. Clay and George start discussing which rides you should ride first, and you yawn, letting your eyes flutter closed.

Even though it was you who insisted on waking up early, you can't help but wish you could've slept on a bit longer. Liam jolts as he feels a clump against his shoulder. He looks down at you, smiling fondly at your peaceful expression. He relaxes again, feeling more comfortable then he did before. Clay looks back at you and Liam. The voices that once filled the car quiet down slowly until there is nothing but music enveloping the car. Nick hums quietly to the current song, looking out the window. George scrolls through Twitter, liking or republishing a tweet along the way. Clay drums his fingers against the steering wheel, waiting for the light to turn green. Alyssa smiles playfully at Liam, her eyes bouncing between your sleeping body and his eyes. He pretends not to notice, but Alyssa's eyes twinkle at his pink ears.