Sophie- Good Morning

Sophie was still staring around when there was a loud knock on the door. A brown-haired head poked through the door, not waiting for a response. 

"Hurry up, Sophie!" Amy called, her hair messy and unbrushed. "You're boyfriend's going to be here any minute," she said rolling her eyes in exasperation. "That guy is totally clingy."

"He is not!" Sophie protested, not knowing who she was talking about. She wouldn't date a clingy guy... right? Amy shook her head. 

Sophie rubbed the back of her neck. "Uhh, also... who is my boyfriend?"

Amy stared at her in disbelief for a moment, then started gigging uncontrollably, one hand half covering her mouth as if it would keep the giggles in. Sophie sighed. "I'm not joking, Amy," she said, exasperated. "And, uh... if you could also tell me where I am, that'd be great."

Amy stopped laughing and looked at her. "Sophie, are you okay?" she asked. "Because if you don't feel well, Eda- I mean... Mom could probably give you something-"

"Edaline?" Sophie asked excitedly "Edaline's here?" If Edaline was here, maybe she would know what was going on, why Sophie was here. 

"Well, yeah, she's our mom... kind of." Amy said. "You don't seem alright..."

"I don't know if I'm alright... I just don't remember how I got here," Sophie sighed, shaking her head. She looked up at Amy. "Look, it's really confusing, but can you please tell me where I am?"

Amy swallowed. "Uh, it's technically called something like Havenfield, but everyone calls it The Lost City because it's really hard to find and doesn't show up on Google Maps... you don't remember how you got here?" Amy perched awkwardly on the end of Sophie's bed. "You don't remember anything?" 

Sophie sat up and wrapped the duvet around her. "I do remember some stuff... I know you, I know this room, but it was somewhere else, and I know Edaline but not from here... is this really Havenfield? My bedroom there was definitely bigger," she said, poking her toe out from under the blankets and into a patch of sunlight. "I just feel like a different Sophie lived here."

Amy bit her bottom lip. "I don't really understand, but I'm going to go eat breakfast because I'm starving. Uh, so... get dressed, brush your teeth, do whatever it is you do to get ready, and maybe we can try figure this out over breakfast?" Sophie nodded, agreeing that it would be best to sort this out when they were both properly awake and dressed. 

When Sophie was ready and dressed(just a jeans and a hoodie, what she used to wear when she lived as a human, her clothes were mostly the same), she slid into one of the stools at the kitchen island. The kitchen was a mass of white tiles and white counters and cupboards. It looked impossible to keep clean. "So," she said, fumbling with her shoelace while Amy poured herself a generous portion of Fruit Loops. "Where's Edaline?" Amy shrugged, her mouth too full of cereal to answer. "I'm not sure, but I'm glad she's not here right now because she'd kill me if she knew I was eating these." she said, gesturing to the colourful cereal.

Sophie reached for the empty bowl across the table from her. White too. Was anything in this kitchen not colour coordinated?  "And Grady? He's here too, right?"

As if on cue, the double doors to the living room creaked open and Grady slipped through.

"Good morning!" he said, drawing out the 'o' in 'good'. "How are you two this morning?" he asked, sliding in next to Amy and pouring a mountain of sugary cereal into his bowl.  

Amy mumbled something that Sophie couldn't make out, probably hello. Sophie grinned at him. "Dad!" she exclaimed "Good morning!" Both Amy and Grady looked at her, an expression of poorly hidden shock adorning their faces.