Tam- Technically We Met Online

The only time Tam had kissed a guy was that time he had kissed Gary Mulligan in sixth grade. It had been behind the bleachers at a school dance. Gary had heard the rumors that Tam was gay and wanted to see what it was like to kiss a guy. 12-year-old Tam would have done anything for some male attention.

His reminiscent thoughts were interrupted when Linh trudged through the door. Tam quickly flicked his phone off and flinged it in his lap, ignoring the beep of a new text message. Uh oh. Linh was wearing her I-have-not-had-a-good-day expression. Tam could read most of Linh's moods. It came with the role of caring twin. It was practically written in the job description. 

Tam leaned against the back of the L-shaped leather sofa taking up forty percent of the living room. Prentice had argued that it was a waste of space, but Tiergan had bought it anyway because the whole family could fit on it at once- we won't need any other furniture! he had insisted. 

Tam patted the empty sofa space beside him, the universal sign for sit here. Linh flung herself down on the sofa next to Tam and exhaled heavily. 

"He knew!" she exclaimed, frustrated "He knew the whole time! There I was, such an idiot, sneaking around with tinned peaches, all for nothing! And that guy! What a creep!" She scowled. "I can't believe it."

Tam blinked at her, confused. What the hell? Tam shook his head incredulously. "Linh, you're going to have to give me a little more context than that." he said. Linh was horrible at explaining things when she was upset. Whatever was going on, Tam was going to murder that guy for whatever he did to Linh. Depending on Linh's story, 'That guy' now had his days numbered. 

Linh sighed in frustration. "Right. Sorry. We... um, so you know about Sophie's... situation, right?" 

"Yeah," Of course Tam knew about Sophie's 'situation'. A) he was sitting right there when Marella explained it to Linh and B) how could he not remember? I was like something out of a sci-fi movie! 

"Right. So, we spoke to Biana because Sophie thinks her brother is this super evil guy in her world... and... we, erm... kind of stalked him..." Linh's face flushed with embarrassment. 

Tam blinked at her. His twin? His sweet, caring twin who cried when someone killed a spider, stalking someone?

"You stalked him." Tam stated incredulously. 

Linh fiddled with the zipper on her metallic jacket. "Yeah..."

"Linh. You stalked him."

Linh opened her mouth, probably to dig herself into a bigger hole, when Tam's phone started to buzz violently. Tam glanced at the Caller ID. Tam scowled at Linh. "I need to take this call." he said, getting up and backing out of the sitting room "But I want to hear the story afterwards. All of it." Linh nodded her head. "Mmm hmm," She said, clearly glad that she had a few extra minutes to think of a better way to phrase the story. "I'm going to go find Prentice. Is he home?" 

Tam nodded while backing out of the room, pointing at his phone. He pressed accept call  and help it up to his ear. In the kitchen he mouthed before trotting up the stairs to his room. 

"Hey," cam Keefe's cheerful voice from the other end of the phone. 

"Hey," Tam said, a smile creeping onto his face. "What's up?" 

"I'm on my way." came Keefe's voice, slightly crackly from the other end of the line. 

Tam stopped dead halfway up the stairs. "What?" he asked incredulously. Keefe was making no sense. On his way where?