Sophie- I Express my Hate for Alvar

The mallwomelt was almost as good as it was in the Lost Cities. Almost.

The sweet ice-cream-cookie-marshmallow combo dissolved in her mouth as she gave Marella and Linh a quick summary of the Neverseen and what they'd done to her.

"So in summary..." Marella placed her now-empty cup down on the table and paused. "You think this... terrorist group? Are they a terrorist group? Anyway, this terrorist group used some dark magic-y think to transport you here because they hate you and want to kill you." She looked up at Sophie. "Am I right?"

Sophie nodded. "Pretty much." 

Linh tapped the mind map with her pen. "But what about Alvar? What is that?"

Sophie exhaled. "That," she said, putting her fork down "Is a massive jerk who is a terrible brother and a betraying idiot who does not deserve to-"

"Okay, Sophie, we get it." said Linh, smiling slightly "You hate him. Was he in the Neverseen?"

"Yeah." Sophie said "And I think he might be our best lead. If the Neverseen are the cause of my problem." She added.

Marella nodded. "I still think we should take you to Doctor Elwin, though," she said "But we can look into this Alvar guy, too. Do we know anyone that would know him?"

"Biana and Fitz," Sophie said, taking another bite of mallowmelt. "He's their brother."

Linh and Marella stared at Sophie. "What?" she asked. 

"Their brother is a member of a terrorist group?" Linh asked, her eyebrows travelling up her forehead. "Isn't that... dangerous?"

"I never really thought about it that way," Sophie said, tapping her fork against her lips. "It's never really been a concern for me but... yeah, I guess it is dangerous." 

Marella shook her head. "Sophie, you honestly have no clue what's dangerous and what isn't." she grinned at her. "You're crazy." Sophie rolled her eyes. 

Linh flipped the sheet over. "So what do we do? Stalk him? Put a camera in his bow tie so we can see where he is at all times?" She scribbled something on the paper in green pen. 

How to Fix Sophie's Problem

She held up the sheet. "This would be way better with a whiteboard." She sighed. She ducked under the table and resurfaced holding a math book to prop up the paper. 

She leaned over the book. "Alright," she said. "So steps we're going to take..." she scribbled on the paper again.

How to fix Sophie's Problem

> See Doctor Elwin

"And the Alvar problem..."

>Stalk Alvar?

Sophie shook her head. "I don't think we can stalk him. We wouldn't know where to start, and we might not end up getting anywhere. I think we should ask Fitz and Biana first." she explained.

"Ooh, that's a better idea," said Linh, crossing out the Stalk Alvar? and writing Ask Fitz and Biana instead. 

"We can ask Biana and Fitz at lunch tomorrow." Marella said as Sophie swallowed the last of her mallowmelt.  Sophie nodded. "Sounds good." 

Linh glanced up at the clock on the wall. "Shoot, I have to go, my dads will be waiting for me." She said, tucking the brainstorm and math book into her backpack. "We're still on for tonight, right?" she asked Marella. Marella gave her a thumbs up in response. 

Linh smiled at Sophie. "See you tomorrow." she said. 

The bell jingled behind Linh as she left, her black and silver hair lashing out of sight. 

"So," Marella rested her head on her hands. "Do you need help getting home or do you feel like wandering around hopelessly for a few hours?"