Sophie- Interrogation Time

Marella fetched Sophie from class at lunch. She grinned as she approached Sophie. "Ready for some serious interrogation?" she asked. Sophie grinned back, faking enthusiasm. When Marella turned toward the cafeteria, Sophie reached up and tugged out an eyelash. She still wasn't sure how to explain to Fitz why she ran off yesterday. She could just say she had a weird day... but she wasn't so sure Fitz would believe her. Sophie sighed. I really need to break up with him she thought.

Biana and Linh were waiting for them in the cafeteria. They were going to explain everything in the cafeteria, but after Sophie hid under the table when she saw Keefe nearby, Linh suggested that it would be better if they did this outside. They left without waiting for Fitz, which Sophie was grateful of. Maybe she wouldn't have to face him today, after all.

"So," Biana twirled a piece of pasta around her fork. "You wanted to ask me something?"

They were sitting on a green facing a football pitch. Sophie was sitting next to Biana, who's hair was pinned back in a half-up half-down hairstyle. Her hair was a river of molten chocolate in the sun, which slowed down her shoulders like a waterfall before pooling mid-back against her sky-blue skater dress. 

"I explained it last time, Linh should do it." Marella said, fishing a grape out of her lunchbox. 

"Hey! I barely know the problem!" Linh protested "Let Sophie explain it!" 

Sophie sighed. "Fine. I guess it is my weird problem, anyway."

She turned to Biana. "So, I had this really, really, really vivid dream the other night. With you guys in it, all of you," she said, shuffling around to face Biana better. "And... I guess you could say I have amnesia."

"You do have amnesia." said Linh from behind her.

Biana looked concerned. She started to say something, but Sophie interrupted her.

"That's not all. I don't remember anything before the dream, and... um... I don't think it's a dream..."

Biana gave Sophie a confused look. "You don't think it's a dream?" she asked. 

Sophie pulled out an eyelash. "Yeah... I think I may have been put in an alternate universe by a... terrorist group called the Neverseen..."

Biana blinked in confusion. "I'm not sure I follow..." she said

"I'm not too sure I do, either," Sophie replied "But if the Neverseen are behind this, we thought it might be a good idea to see if we could see what the Neverseen members from this world are doing."

"Don't worry, we're taking her to Doctor Elwin, too." reassured Marella

"Biana put down her lunchbox. "This has got to be the weirdest conversation I have had in a long time." She looked at the three of them. "You said you wanted me and Fitz to help you. Why?"

Sophie shot Marella a nervous glance. "One of the only Neverseen members we know... is your brother." Sophie explained, flicking away an eyelash. It looked like she would have no eyelshes left from telling the Vackers that their brother was a member of a terrorist group alone. 

Biana was frozen. "Alvar?" she asked. Marella nodded. "Yeah..."

Biana blinked a few times, then pulled her knees up to her chest, leaning her head on her arm. 

"I guess it does make sense." she said sadly. "He's never at home..." 

Sophie reached out and put her arm around Biana. At this point she was practically an expert at the 'your family member is evil' comforting protocol. 

Biana looked up at Sophie. "Whatever you do, don't tell Fitz." she said in a confidential tone. "He'll freak. You know better than anyone that he won't be able to handle this information." 

Sophie thought back to how Fitz had reacted back in the Lost Cities. Biana was right, they couldn't tell Fitz. 

Biana rested her head against Sophie's shoulder. "Don't worry," Sophie whispered. "I won't."

"Thank you." Biana said to Sophie. To Marella and Linh she said: "So you wanted information about Alvar?"

Marella nodded. "Yeah. We didn't know what you had, but anything suspicious would be good."

Biana looked thoughtful for a moment. "Like I said, he's never home." she explained, her voice slightly shaky. "I guess we always presumed it was with some girlfriend or something, but maybe he could be meeting up with this..."

"Neverseen," Sophie supplied. 

"Neverseen." Biana continued. "He works from Monday to Friday, in an office downtown. I know he usually finishes at five, but he doesn't get home until much later." She fiddled with the laces of her baby pink Doc Martens. "I found out at a work Christmas party. One of his colleagues told me he always disappeared at five. I think he meant it as a joke, but up until that point I always thought he just worked extra, with all the bonuses he got.

"I didn't know what to think of Alvar then. He never told us where he went, just turned up, most of the time after I went to bed. The others didn't know, I don't think Alvar knows that I know. It was weird, he never had any excuses, just arrived and grabbed something to eat, then disappeared to his room. I guess my mom was a bit suspicious," she tugged at her hair, frustrated. "Sorry, this is not helpful at all, is it?"

"It is," Sophie insisted. 

Linh stole a grape from Marella's lunchbox. "Where do we go from here?" she asked, munching thoughtfully on the grape. 

"It's obvious, isn't it?" Biana raised her head to face the rest of them. "We follow my brother."