2

-October 1st 2013-

    The next day I go into work with a Coffee in hand and see everyone at their desks.Nick and Fin sitting across from one another and Amanda and Olivia sitting across from one another.As I look around i know I see John Munch's desk because it stands out.Fin waves at me and i wave back.I see Munch walking into the precinct and he see's me and walks over.

Munch:Good morning Lara.

Lara:Good Morning.

Munch:I have a desk for you.

    I follow him to a desk across from his and I chuckle.

Lara:Over protective much?.

Munch:As long as your under Me and Captain's care we must keep our promise to your parents to protect you at all costs.

Lara:Of course."Chuckles".Well thanks for setting up me a desk.

    I sit down and place my purse on the desk as Munch sits at his desk.

Munch:You get a good rest?.

Lara:Yeah i did.Still gotta get used to my apartment tho.Manhattan is a lot like Washington so I'm used to the city aspect of it."Sips her Coffee".

Munch:"Smiles".So have any friends in Washington?.

Lara:I had a few great friends.Me and my partner had to work with the Jeffersonian Anthropology place.Made a few great friends there.Had a boyfriend for a year back in 05 we broke up and decided to stay friends."Sips her Coffee".

Munch:Any more luck in the romantic field?."Smirks".

Lara:Not yet.But seeing as I'm getting older by the year i have either 2 paths to take.Find the love of my life or Die alone."Frowns".

Munch:I think the first path.Your a great friend and coworker.No one will be able to resist you for long.

Lara:"Chuckles".Well aren't you a boost of confidence today.

Munch:Yeah and your acting like your mother.

Lara:Well I must say thank you because it was you who thought she was pretty.

Munch:"Chuckles".

    Captain Cragen enters the bullpen and see's me.

Cragen:We have a case.Woman was found sexaully assaulted she's at the hospital right now...Hope your ready Lara.

Lara:Not as bad as serial killers...I'm ready.

Cragen:Good.You go with Nick and Olivia to the hospital.Fin and Rollins you guys go to the crime scene.

    We all nod and i follow Olivia and Nick to Nick's car.I sit in the back as Nick drives and Olivia sits in the passenger seat.

Nick:So Washington huh?.

Lara:Yeah for all 33 years of my life.

Olivia:How long have you known Munch and Cragen?.

Lara:About 24 years.They were visiting Washington to help my Dad on a case he was working before he retired.They've been friends with my parents ever since.

Nick:So being a LEO runs in the family?.

Lara:I guess.My dad only took the job for money tho not to help others.He worked as a cop for 20 years till my mom got a good paying job when I was 10 years old.He soon retired and just sits around all day.Now since Me and my parents have moved here he takes care of my nana his Mother in law while my mom is gonna work to help pay bills."Sighs".Apparently she doesn't mind it.