11

-October 24th 2013-

Lara's P.O.V

Once the cake is done Rafael frosts the cupcakes as I frost the Cake.Rafael accidentally makes some blue frosting land on me so I take some pink frosting and throw it at him.As he is about to get me back I run past him around the table and I take some orange frosting and put it on his nose.As I'm about to run again he puts his arms around my waist making me squeal and laugh.He places a big glob of blue frosting on my nose and he begins to laugh.He lets go and I turn around to face him.

Lara:Well look at us.Acting like kids and you look like a snowman with a orange frosted nose."Smirks".

Rafael:At least I don't look like a Smurf vomited on me."Smirks".

I can't help but laugh at that and he joins in.We put the cupcakes and cake in the fridge for later and I help Rafael clean the kitchen once we are done I wash my face with a towl and some water from the sink.I turn around and Rafael smirks at me.I raise an eyebrow and he walks to the sink and wets a rag and turns around to look at me.

Rafael:You missed a spot.

Rafael takes the rag and washes infront of my left ear with it.I look at him as he washes it away and once he is done he turns around placing the rag in the sink.

Lara:Would you happen to have a change of clothes?,I'd like to take a shower.

Rafael:Fresh clean clothes coming right up.

Rafael walks to his bedroom leaving me chuckling.He walks back and hands me clothes with a towel.

He walks back and hands me clothes with a towel

Lara:Thank you.

Rafael:Your welcome...Once you hop in the shower let me know and I'll grab your messy clothes to wash them.

Lara:Okay.

I go into the bathroom with my purse and set it down and I put the clean clothes on the counter.I hang up the towel to use and then I start the shower.Afterwards I get undressed and hop in to a warm bliss.After closing the curtain I decide to call out.

Lara:You can come in now Rafie!.

I hear the bathroom door open and I peek out the side of the curtain as Rafael grabs the dirty clothes.

Rafael:Shower treating you well?.

Lara:Yes thank you.

Rafael:Anytime."Winks".

Rafael leaves closing the bathroom door leaving me blushing under the shower water with a smile on my face.After showering and getting dressed I grab my hairbrush from my purse and I brush my hair as I leave the bathroom with my purse.As I walk into the kitchen brushing my hair I see Rafael on his phone.

Lara:Shower is free now.

Rafael:"Nods".Thanks.

I brush my hair as i walk to the living room and I put my purse in the coffee table.I look back to the kitchen area to see Rafael walking into the bathroom with his things and closing the bathroom door.I sit down on the couch as I finish brushing my hair and I put my hairbrush away.I grab the TV remote and I watch some TV.Soon I hear the bathroom door open as I watch the show "NCIS".After about 10 minutes Rafael sits down next to me on the couch.

Rafael:Our clothes are in the wash...It will be a few hours till they are washed and dried.

Lara:"Nods".I have more clothes at home.

Rafael:My Mami and Abuelita will be here in a few hours...I thought maybe you'd like to stay over and invite your family.

Lara:Oh I don't wa-

Rafael:You won't be.

Lara:Then I'll call my nana and parents."Smiles".

I call my family to ask them to come over and after they say yes I give them a time...An hour later I go home and change my outfit.

I go back to Rafael's place just in time to set the table and his mami and Abuelita to arrive

I go back to Rafael's place just in time to set the table and his mami and Abuelita to arrive.We say our hello's as my family arrives.

Lara:Hey Mom,Nana Karla.Dad.

Zarmilla:Hello sweetie."Smiles".

Karla:Hello Lara."Smiles".

Dexter:Hi.

The three enter the place as I step back and Rafael walks over to greet them.

Rafael:Hello I'm Rafael Barba.Its nice to meet you.

Karla:Hello dear I'm Karla."Smiles".

Zarmilla:And I'm Lara's mother Zarmilla."Smiles".This is my husband Dexter.

Rafael:Pleasure to meet you sir.

Rafael reaches out his hand and shakes my moms and grandmother's but once he gets to my dad.My dad doesn't shake his hand and I sigh.

Rafael:This is my Mami Lucia and my Abuelita Catalina.

They say their hello's and we walk over to the table after a nice quiet meal my father speaks up.

Dexter:Still a cop?.

Lara:Yes I am still a cop.

Dexter:Why can't you be a lawyer or a doctor?

Lara:"Nervously".We can talk later.

Lucia:"Clears throat".So Zarmilla,Karla...How do you like the food?.

Zarmilla:Its the best I've had in a while.

Karla:Yes I agree with my daughter it's splended.

We continue to talk thru dinner and dessert and soon I start to play music and my Father walks over to Me and Rafael's Mom.

Dexter:Why can't you just be a lawyer.Woman have no business being cops.

Lara:I love my job and you know it.And no offense to my best friend Rafael but being a Lawyer is harder work than it looks.

Dexter:I don't care quit your job.

Lara:Why?.

Dexter:Because i say so."Starts to walk away".

Lara:No!.

Dexter:"Turns around".What did you just say to me?.

Lara:No.I am 33yrs old.I am not a child anymore.I am my own person.I have a right to have a job such as being a Cop.

Zarmilla:Dexter stop fighting with your daughter.

Dexter:No.I don't listen to you.I am the man of the house.

Zarmilla:C'mon let's go home...We'll talk this out later.

Karla:I'll be home soon.

Dexter and Zarmilla leave and I run to Rafael's bathroom and I enter it crying...Soon I feel 2 arms around me and I look up to see Rafael.

Lara:I don't know why he acts this way.

Rafael:"Sighs".I'm here for you.