Part 10: Sorry

Monday morning rolled around sooner than you would have wanted. Daniel had given you a ride to school on his bike like usual. Every so often you would look around paranoid that Johnny would show up and try to say something. You were prepared to shut him down the second he opened his mouth, but you were still nervous.

Daniel on the other hand looked ecstatic. You couldn't blame him. He was finally free from Johnny's torment. Though you thought he was when Johnny promised you he wouldn't touch him. You should have known it was too good to be true.

"I'm gonna go look for Ali." Daniel said as he left you alone in the hall.

*** *** ***
At your locker, you felt a pair of eyes on you. Turning, you saw Johnny with the other Cobra Kais. You quickly looked away, hoping he hadn't seen you notice his stare. But of course, the universe had to make your life interesting.

"Princess." You heard his voice from behind you.

"Don't call me that." You said as you put the last book into your locker.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you." He said, louder now.

Your stomach flipped, but you kept your gaze on the contents of your locker. You were startled when Johnny's hand shot out and slammed it shut.

He knew just how to piss you off. "What the hell is your problem?" You asked, finally turning to face him.

You gasped when you saw his black eye, but couldn't help but smirk when you remembered you were the one who gave it to him.

"Awe what happened Johnny? Did somebody try to put you in your place?" You asked in a mock tone.

His body tensed as he scowled down at you. "Watch your mouth princess."

You crossed your arms, taking a step closer to him. "Oh yeah? Or what. You gonna beat me up too? Will that make you feel better?"

"You know I wouldn't hurt you." He took a step closer to you, making you instinctively back up into the lockers behind you. Both of his hands were on the row of lockers on either side of you. He leaned down, hovering his lips over your ear. "That is, unless you asked me to."

With your heart racing, you looked at him. Even with a black eye he looked good. If the circumstances were different, you would have let him do whatever he wanted to you in that moment. But the circumstances weren't different. He'd gone too far.

"Touch me and I'll rip your head off." You told him.

He smirked, raising his hands up in surrender. "Ya know, I came over here to apologize."

"And you did a great job." You said sarcastically.

As you started to walk away, he matched your speed. "I'm sorry okay?"

You stopped walking and turned to face him. "What are you sorry for Johnny?"

His blue eyes were boring into yours. "You know what I'm sorry for."

"Honestly Johnny, I don't. Are you sorry you beat up my brother, or are you sorry there were consequences?"

You tried to walk away but he grabbed your arm. "I'm sorry you were there to see it. But just remember he started it."

You rolled your eyes. "You got splashed with water Johnny. That doesn't mean you had to beat him till he was unconscious."

"He needed to learn his lesson."

"You're unbelievable." You said with a shake of your head.

"I was trying to be better for you, but then he had to push it." He said.