Part 20: The Tournament 2

"What's that guy kneeling like that for?" Daniel asked as you all looked over to see his opponent facing away from him on his knees.

"Don't know." Mr. Miyagi answered.

"Don't you know anything you could tell me?" Daniel asked, sounding worried.

"Ai. Don't get hit." Mr. Miyagi said.

You let out another laugh. Man he was killing you today.

Seeing Daniel's expression, you put your hand on his shoulder. "Whatever the reason is, don't do it. He looks like a jackass."

You pushed him into the ring, and then put your hands together, fidgeting with your bracelet.

Your watched as Daniel and the other boy bowed to the referee and then each other. And then it started.

Within the first 5 seconds the other boy charged Daniel, making him stumble out of the ring. You couldn't help but cringe at the sight. He looked like a little kid.

"Be tough Daniel!" Ali ordered, allowing you to keep your mouth shut for now.

You noticed Johnny and his sensei watching before you turned back to see the same thing happened again. You grabbed Daniel by the sleeve of his gi, forcing him to look at you. "Daniel stop embarrassing me. If you stumble out of there one more time I swear to god I'll kick you ass harder than any of these douchebags could."

You crossed your arms as Mr. Miyagi tried to give Daniel a strategy. As he walked back into the ring he turned back, giving you and Mr. Miyagi a nod.

As it started, you were tempted to close your eyes. You were glad to didn't when Daniel kicked the guy in the stomach, earning a point.

You cheered out, calling for another one.

As he got the final point you let out another cheer as he looked back at you. "Yeah Daniel!"

"You're the best!" Ali squeaked.

With a bright smile he walked over to the three of you. "Holy cow I can't believe I just did that!"

"Better believe it." Mr. Miyagi said with a small smile.

Daniel lightly punched your arm. "I couldn't have done it without your words of encouragement."

You smiled, but still rolled your eyes. "I'm just doing my job as psychological trainer."

You went to find your mother, who was waiting patiently at the entrance for you.

"You sure showed him! I'm so proud of you Daniel." She said with a beaming smile.

She seemed to come to a realization as she frowned and ran her hand through his hair. "You're not my baby boy anymore huh?"

"Ma.." Daniel said as he swatted her hand away, becoming conscious of Ali watching the whole scene from beside him.

You decided this would be a good time to go talk to Mr. Miyagi. As you looked around, you saw him standing by the edge of a mat waiting for a match to start between Bobby and another boy you didn't know.

Leaving the others behind, you walked over to him. He greeted you with your name and a bow before turning his attention back to the boys in front of him.

On the other side of the square was Johnny and his Sensei. You gave him a quick smile, which he returned with a wink.

You felt your cheeks pinken before feeling a pair of eyes on you and turning to see Mr. Miyagi giving you another long stare.