Part 15: The Country Club 2

You felt like a deer stuck in headlights as Matt's gaze stayed on you. You were frozen until you felt Johnny's large hand on your forehead. "You look pale. Are you okay?"

You nodded your head, almost too quickly, as you looked back down at your empty plate.

You felt Johnny tense next to you. Your heart dropped as you knew he must have seen Matt. "I'm gonna kill him."

As he started to get up, you put your hand over his, stopping him. "Stay with me." You whispered.

The anger melted off of his face as he took your hand in his. "Come on, let's dance."

You stood up, letting him lead you to the floor. Your mother had taught you to dance, but you were still nervous.

Johnny placed one hand firmly on your waist, and took your other in his own. You let him lead as you moved to the music.

"Did I tell you how beautiful you are?" He said after he spun you.

"I think you mentioned it." You said as you smiled at him.

You couldn't help staring at him. "What?" He asked as you continued to smile up at him.

You shook your head. "It's nothing."

He squeezed your side. "You better tell me right now before I make a scene."

"I was just thinking about how lucky I am to have you."

He smirked at your answer, pulling you closer to him as the song slowed. Your head was on his chest as you swayed to the music. You were interrupted by a tap on your shoulder and Johnny tightening his grip on you.

You turned around to see Matt smiling down at you. "Can I have this dance?"

Your mind was going through all the ways you could kill him. With your heal, with the knife sitting on the table only a few feet away, or even with your bare hands.

"No." Johnny spoke up as he pushed you behind him.

"Just one dance Wonder Woman." He said as he stared at you.

A chair leg, the fork sitting next to the ever so appealing knife, Johnny's black tie.

"You don't know when to quit, do you?" Johnny said, taking a threatening step closer to him.

"Not when it involves something I want." He said, grinning down at you.

Your blood started to boil. "If you don't watch it, you'll be leaving in a body bag." You hissed.

"That's not very lady like of you." He said as he let out a laugh.

The tablecloth, the bassist's bow, the wine glass on the nearest table. You didn't get to think of anything else as Susan and Ali came up to you both, making Matt quickly excuse himself.

"You look great." Susan said as she smiled at you.

"Thanks, so do you two." You said gesturing to her and Ali.

"What did Matt want?" Ali asked.

"Trouble." Johnny said as he held you close. "Come on, I think it's time for you to meet my parents."

Your eyes widened at the thought of meeting them. What if they didn't like you? What if you said something wrong?

Johnny seemed to notice your discomfort as he gave you a squeeze. "Don't worry, they'll like you."

With his hand on the small of your back, he led you to the table that you had eaten at. But now it was filled with two people you had never seen before. They were both middle aged with blonde hair and blue eyes, matching their son's.