Part 18: Wingwoman

After stopping by your house to eat cake with your mother, you and Daniel went out for a ride in your new car. Though he was driving of course.

"So what happened with you and Ali anyway?" You asked.

"I saw her kissing another guy the same night I saw Johnny with his tongue down your throat." He said in a slightly harsh tone.

"Okay first of all that's a bit extreme. And secondly, Ali doesn't like that other guy."

"How do you know?" He said, not buying it.

"Ali might be a bit of a bitch but she wouldn't go for him. The guy that kissed her is the same one that Johnny had to save me from the night I stayed at his house." You clarified.

"I don't know.." He said, still unsure.

"How about you go talk to her. She was talking about going to Golf-n-Stuff tonight. They invited me but I said no. I'm sure they're still there."

"I don't know.." Daniel said once again but you only rolled your eyes.

In the best Mr. Miyagi voice you could muster, you pointed your finger at him. "Go find the balance."

Daniel let out a small chuckle. "Okay fine."

*** *** ***
"Okay let's go over the plan one more time." You said as Daniel pulled into the parking lot.

"First I just act like everything is normal and see how she reacts. If good, then good. If bad, then I apologize for who knows what."

You laughed. "Sounds good to me."

Daniel scowled and looked down at his hands. "This isn't gonna work. She's from The Hills. Why would she want somebody like me?"

You placed your hand on his shoulder. "Don't say that. She'd be lucky to have you. You're nice, kinda funny, and you have my looks. You've got it made."

"I think that's the nicest thing you've ever said to me." He said, giving you a warm smile.

"And I meant it." You looked ahead to see Ali walking into the arcade. "Now go get her."

"You're the best wingwoman ever." He said as he parked and quickly left the car to head into the arcade. You smiled and shook your head as he walked inside.

What now? You wondered as you looked around at the crowds of people.

Your mind began to wander until the sound of a truck parking beside you pulled you back to reality. It almost sounded familiar.

You turned to see the same pick up truck that's given you rides home from school all those times.

"Shit." You cursed under your breath as you slouched down in the seat, praying he wouldn't see you.

The sound of his door opening and closing made your heart rate pick up ten fold. You heard shuffling footsteps and his passenger side door open.

You heard a grunt as well as the sound of a bottle being opened. When you didn't hear anything else, you knew you were in the clear and let out a sigh.

Your eyes widened as you heard the slurred speech from your drivers side. "Well I'll be damned. Wonder Woman?"

Your head whipped to face him, leaving him with a blank stare. "Matthew."