Prologue

Dear Victoria

I know I said that I didn't want you to know the truth but I came to the realisation that you were right. I owed you the truth. I was just afraid that once you knew the truth you will look at me differently. But Alec was right. You deserve the truth. And I don't deserve you.

Two years before I became the Shadow, my grandfather died like I told you. When my grandfather died I fell in a deep pit of anger and depression. One day my school bully thought that it was a good idea to tease me about the loss of my grandfather. He said that it was my fault that my grandfather died and that my grandfather died just to get away from a messed up boy like me. I don't know what took over me but I started to hit him. He didn't even have time to protect himself and I just kept hitting and hitting him. By the time someone came to rip me away from his body, he was already dead. I beat a boy to death.

My father sent me to a place where secret agents were trained and that is where I was disciplined and where I was taught all the skills I had as the Shadow. It was a place for troubled kids.

I was underage and I wasn't sent to prison like I should've been. Alec was right I wasn't punished enough.

I guess knowing that you hate me after this is enough punishment. That is why I'm leaving. You deserve more than me, a broken man.

I hope you can forgive me one day.

Love you always
Jaydan