Chapter 4

Victoria's POV

I ate a quick breakfast at the hotel the next morning before I took a taxi to the Eiffel tower. This was one of the many places I've always wanted to explore and I finally got the opportunity to explore it. My eyes darted as I took the sights in that surrounded me. I was so lost in the view that I didn't even realise the taxi had stopped and we had arrived at the Eiffel tower.

I quickly paid the driver before I climbed out. Just like most tourist destination there were a lot of tourists walking about. Most of them were couples and I felt a pang in my heart. If I just handled the situation with Jaydan a bit better we would've been married by now and who knows, this might've been our honeymoon right now. But instead of being on a honeymoon with the man I love, I was running around the world looking for clues to find him.

I looked around the Eiffel Tower for any signs or symbols. After a few minutes I found the symbol on the ground. I jotted down the coordinates before I took a seat nearby and started to search for the location for the coordinates. Luckily for me the next destination was nearby and I didn't have to fly anywhere. I placed all my belongings back in my bag before I hailed a taxi. I made sure to take a few pictures before I left.

After a few minutes of driving around the taxi  pulled up to the Louvre Museum. I paid the fair before I jumped out. I had no idea where the symbol could possible be, but I had to start my search somewhere. I decided to look outside first, but there was nothing. I searched ever nook and cranny before I headed inside the building. There was a tour group about to embark and I followed closely behind while I scanned every painting and wall for signs of the symbol.

I walked through the entire building and by the time I was done I was tired, hungry and frustrated. Could this possible be the last destination? I really didn't hope so.

With I sigh I headed back to the entrance ready to leave. There it was. Just as I passed by the door, I saw the small symbol edged into the wall next to it. I quickly wrote down the next coordinates.

I quickly found a taxi and asked him to drive me back to my hotel room. As I walked in I stopped by the front desk and asked for room service to be sent up. I was beyond hungry, but I wasn't in the mood to sit alone in a restaurant.

Once I was back in the safety and comfort of my hotel room I quickly got out my laptop and typed in the coordinates. These coordinates led to the Buckingham Palace in London.

I hoped that this might be the place where I will find Jaydan. I hoped that this was the last place I will be flying to. While I was booking a flight to London for the next morning, room service arrived. The smell of the food was intoxicating and my stomach grumbled.

I only realised then how hungry I really was and this running about searching for clues was more tiring than I thought. I just hoped that this adventure will be worth it at the end and I will be able to find Jaydan at the end of this journey. I really missed him. This would have been more enjoyable if he was here to share it with me. We both always talked about going on a treasure hunt, using one clue to find the next and now I was on a hunt for him.

Doubts started to enter my mind, would Jaydan want to see me? Would he be able to forgive me? Will he take me back? What will happen if I came all this way only to find that he moved on and I was already forgotten. I fell asleep that night thinking about all these worst case scenarios.

The next morning when I woke up I was still beyond tired. I didn't sleep well and I kept tossing and turning thinking about Jaydan that will send me away or won't want to have anything to do with me anymore.

I got ready as fast as I could because I had a flight to catch. Once packed and ready to go, I was off to the airport once again. This time on my flight to London I sat next to a new couple. The whole flight through they were being sickeningly sweet to one another. They were clearly on their honeymoon and the girl giggled at everything the man said. They were clearly newlyweds. Seeing them acting like they were only made me more heart broken.

By the time the flight was over I couldn't get out of the plane fast enough. I took a taxi to Buckingham Palace immediately. Seeing that couple on the plane just motivated me more to get to Jaydan faster.

Luckily for me there was a tour group ready to go inside and I joined them quickly. I listened intently as the man told the group more the history and architecture of the place. While he was droning on I kept a sharp look out for the symbol anywhere.

The tour was over soon and there was still no sign of the symbol. As we exited the building I made sure to look at the walls, but there was still nothing. The guide led us back outside. Once we exited the gates I noticed the statue across the entrance. I rushed to the statue and sure enough there was a symbol at the bottom of the statue. But only this time there was no coordinates. This was the final clue. This was the final destination.

The chances were good that Jaydan was here in this city. But it was a big place and I had no idea how I was going to find him here. It was like looking for a needle in a haystack - almost impossible.

I decided to book into my hotel before I would walk around to search for him. The receptionist at the hotel was very friendly when she greeted me and handed me my key. I was in room 215. The room I booked was a bit smaller, it still had a comfortable looking bed and a beautiful ensuite bathroom. There was sliding doors that led to a balcony and it had a clear view of the city. It was marvellous and reminded me of home.

I settled into my room, ordered food as I viewed a map of the city. I marked different routes I was going to take each day in hopes of bumping into Jaydan along the way. If he was in London.

When I was done marking my routes a watched a bit TV and ordered more room service. I could only hope that I would find him tomorrow.