Chapter 8

Victoria's POV

Jaydan and I were lounging about in my hotel room as we thought of possible solutions to our problem. We were both shocked when a loud knock sounded on the door. Jay and I shared a look.

"Hide in the bathroom," Jaydan whispered quickly before he took out his gun and placed it in the waistband of his trousers. I closed the bathroom door behind me as I listened carefully.

"What are you doing here?! Get in!" I heard Jay say before there was a short pause and shuffling of feet before the door was closed. At least I knew he knew the person.

"I'm here to give my condolences," I heard the stranger's voice say.

"How did you find me?" Jaydan asked.

"I found out where you were staying and just as I was on my way to your room I saw you leaving the hotel room. I followed you," I heard the stranger explain.

"What are you doing here, Toby?" Jaydan asked.

"I told you, I heard that Victoria Wills was on that flight."

"So everybody thinks she's dead?" Jay asked.

"Yes, but what do you mean with 'thinks'?" Toby asked.

"Vic, you can come out now," I heard Jaydan say and I opened the bathroom door to a startled man with blonde hair and brown eyes.

"You're alive!" He said with shock evident in his voice.

"Toby, this is Victoria Wills. Vic, this is Tobias Lan, an old friend I met when I first came to train here," Jay introduced and I held out my hand, Toby shook my hand, but he was still dazed.

"Nice to meet you?" He said but it came out more as a question.

"Take a seat, Toby," Jay encouraged and he took the seat gratefully.

"How is this possible JJ?" Toby asked and I almost laughed at Jaydan's nickname.

"Victoria boarded the plane, changed outfits and exited the plane," Jaydan explained.

"Did you know what was going to happen?" He asked.

"No, we didn't. Jay and I was just not willing to part from each other," I quickly cut in.

"Well, Ryan is going to be glad to hear this," Toby said.

"What does Ryan have to do with this?" Jay asked the same time I asked, "Who is Ryan?"

"Ryan is the head boss of the DF, and he suspected that James is corrupt for a long time now, and he wanted your help in proving it. He hoped that losing Victoria will give you the motivation you need to help him," Toby explained.

"How am I supposed to help him prove it?" Jay asked.

"He has a plan, but first off you need to disappear," Toby explained.

"How and why?" Jay asked.

"The how is easy. You need to go back to James a few days from now, tell him something along the lines that you had time to think and you were mad to think he was involved. You were blinded by grief. Then tell him you want an assignment as far away from here as possible to get over Victoria's death. Then once you board the plane we swap you with a look a like and the why is that James wouldn't suspect that you're involved in Ryan's plan." Toby explained his plan.

"Why would this Ryan help us?" I ask.

"He has his reasons, but for now, I think it would be safer if Victoria came with me," Toby said.

"No!" Jay immediately answered.

"She can't hide here forever, I will take her somewhere safe where nobody can see her on accident." Toby tried to reason.

"No, we stick together," Jaydan said.

"Will you give us a moment?" I asked Toby. He agreed and he walked to the balcony and closed the glass doors behind him.

"Jay, we have to think this through. Right now we don't have a plan, but Toby has and so does this Ryan guy. I think it is worth a shot. If they know James is behind everything then they can help us prove it, and if we help them, they can help us get our lives back," I said.

"You're right. I just don't want to loose you and sending you off to who knows where is not sitting well with me. But you have a point and I guess they are our only option," Jaydan agreed and we signalled for Toby to step inside.

"So you've made a decision?" He asked eagerly.

"Vic will go with you. I will stay at my hotel for a few days before I return to James. And then we can set our plan into motion," Jaydan told him.

"Sounds good. So are you ready to go?" He asked me and I told him that I needed to check out first.

Jaydan said it would be better if he left first and we had to say goodbye once again.

"Please be careful. I'll come as soon as everything is set in motion," he said before he gave me a tender kiss.

"You should be careful too. James is dangerous, watch your back. I love you," I said as I hugged him close.

After one last goodbye Jaydan left me with Toby.

Toby helped me pack and get ready to leave. Once my suitcase was packed once again I left with Toby. He gave me a pair of sunglasses to wear before we went to the receptionist desk to check out.

Toby carried my suitcases to a car and loaded it in quickly. I climbed in the passenger seat all the while hoping I was making the right decision.

"You know JJ told me a lot about you," he said while we were driving to our new location.

"You guys kept in contact with each other?" I asked.

"Yeah, we met each other when we first arrived here for training. We both did something dreadful and were punished for it. When I heard about his death I was sad, angered even. I couldn't attend the funeral because I had an assignment. And then I found out that it was one of his friends that caused the accident and kidnapped him. I really wanted to punch that guy," Toby ranted.

"I did too. But he has been locked up for his crimes. I'm just angry at myself for letting him drive a wedge between me and Jay," I admitted.

"He might've succeeded in driving a wedge between you guys, but you didn't let it last. You came here to find Jay and you did. That tells me that you really love the guy," he said and I gave him a small smile.

Toby took a few more turns before he parked infront of a huge iron gate.

"State your name," a voice over the intercom asked.

"Tobias Lan," he said and the gate opened he drove down a long driveway before we parked infront of a huge house.

I hoped that this would he the answer to all our problems.