Chapter 10

Victoria's POV

When I woke up from the quick nap I had taken I noticed that it was already 6 pm, I had an hour before dinner. I took a quick shower and dressed in more comfortable clothes before I headed to the kitchen.

There was a middle aged woman bustling about when I entered the kitchen and when she noticed me she gave me a kind smile.

"You must be Victoria, I'm Lana. Mr Ryan and Mr Tobias is waiting in the dining room," she said. I thanked her and she gave me directions to the dining room. When I arrived Ryan and Toby was in a discussion about something, but they quickly stopped their conversation when they noticed me.

"I hope you're hungry," Ryan said as he pulled my chair out for me.

We made some small talk until Lana arrived with all the food. It was mouth watering and we all quickly dived in.

After dinner we had dessert and comversation continued to flow. It didn't feel like I just met these people this very day, but it felt like I've known them for a while.

Toby was very curious about me Jaydan and he asked a bunch of questions about how we met and everything, including how I found out that Alec was the stalker. I told them about Jaydan and I. I also told them about the White Hawk and the Shadow, but they already knew about them.

Toby was very curious about the Shadow, but I steered the conversation away from him. I didn't want another person to know Jaydan's secret. After I answered all of Toby's questions, he retired for the night, claiming he still had some work to do.

"He is a very curious man," I told Ryan once he had left.

"He is. He loves Jaydan like a brother and he would do anything for him. I think he just wants to know more about what he missed in Jaydan's life," Ryan said.

"May I ask you something?" I asked and Ryan nodded.

"When Toby mentioned your name Jaydan was a bit upset that you were involved, do you know why?" I asked. After meeting Ryan I couldn't understand why Jaydan reacted the way he did at the mention of Ryan's name.

"When Jaydan and Toby first arrived they became quick friends. James and I always divided the new recruits in two groups. James chose Jaydan before I could. James is very competitive and I guess he tells his recruits a lot of things to ensure that they were only loyal to him. What was Jaydan's opinion of James before he asked to leave?" Ryan asked.

"Jay said he was like a second father to him," I said as I recalled the first time Jay told me about James.

"Exactly. He trains his recruits in such a way that they would look up to him never doubt him. That is why he got away with all the things he has done over the years, people don't think he is capable of the things he did and no one ever questions him. But I think Jaydan realised the truth now," Ryan explained.

"He was very upset. I was too. How could a man that swore to protect his country kill a plane full of people to ensure that one of his agents don't return home?" I asked.

"James was very upset when Jaydan left. He tried convincing him to come back. And now that he has him, he won't let him go easily. James will do everything in his power to get what he wants, and that is why he needs to be stopped," I agreed, this man was very dangerous. More dangerous than any of the men Jay and I dealt with before and that was why we had to catch him.

The rest of the week I stayed at Ryan's house with Toby. They both kept me entertained and reassured me that Jaydan will be joining us very soon.

I was sitting in the garden at the back of the house just enjoying the view. This was where I spent most of my time here. The garden was spectacular and I enjoyed the fresh air.

"So this is where you disappear to," I heard Ryan's familiar voice. He took a seat next to me on a bench that overlooked the whole garden.

"It's beautiful," I marvelled.

"It is. My mother and father loved to garden," he said as he looked at the garden with a far off look in his eyes probably recounting many memories.

We both sat there in silence just enjoying the view. A few moments later, Ryan broke the silence.

"James and I met each other when we were recruits. We were inseparable. We went on many missions together and we made a very good team. But then, I met a girl. Her name was Lillian and she was perfect. I fell in love with her. I decided that I couldn't be with her if she didn't know the truth. When I told her that I was a DF agent, she wasn't as freaked out as I thought she would be. I wanted to marry her, but as an agent I could never marry, so we decided to marry each other off the record. No one knew about us. I only told James and he was happy for me.

We were married for a year when I was sent away on a mission. James and I completed the mission, but it took us three months. During that time I could not contact Lillian because we were afraid people will find out about us.

When I finally got home I tried to open the door but my key didn't fit. When I knocked on the door a stranger opened the door. I asked him where Lillian was and he got this sad look in his eyes. There was a break in a month ago. Lillian was home and she was shot by the robbers. James was very supportive during that time. I was devastated. And when I found out that she was pregnant. I was even more broken.

For years I tried to find the people responsible for her death and I finally did. I found one of the robbers five years ago. But I didn't tell James about it. I wanted to question this man myself. What he told me left me shocked. He told me that he was paid by a DF agent to break into my house and kill the occupant and make it look like a robbery gone wrong. I wanted to kill him then and there but Toby convinced me to hand him over to the police. James was the one who called me after Toby left an anonymous tip for the police about the man's location. James told me that I could finally have peace, but then it struck me. The only DF agent that knew about Lillian was James. And since then I was searching for any proof that could link James to this crime, but what I found was that there were many more unsolved cases, including the plane crash that you were supposedly killed in. That is why he needs to be stop. Not just because of what he did to my wife and unborn child, but what he did to countless other innocent people," I felt horrible after Ryan finished his story and I was motivated to help him catch this man, now more than ever. He didn't just destroy Jaydan's life or mine, but countless of others lives too.

He needed to be stopped before he can ruin anymore lives and I hoped that we can find the proof to put this guy away for good.