Chapter 15

Victoria's POV

I sat there tied up to a chair unable to speak as I waited for Wagner to find me. With every passing second worry started to gnaw at me as I thought about worst case scenarios. Jaydan or Toby being caught. Or that the information that we stole won't be as incriminating as we thought.

My thoughts were interrupted by Mr Wagner calling my name, my fake name that is. I tried to call back to him but the sound was muffled. He burst through the door and once his eyes landed on me a look of complete horror was etched on his face.

He and his guards rushed to my aid as they first untangled the cloth around my face and removed the cloth out of my mouth.

"Thank you," I said as I breathed a sigh of relief.

"What happened? I found my guards knocked out outside the door," he said as he unbound my hands. I was shocked to see that my wrist were very red from being tied up.

"I was looking around at the art when I heard a commotion outside. I thought it was you, but a man in a black mask stepped inside. I've never felt so frightened in my life," I said as I forced a few tears to my eyes.

"It's alright, Mrs Wolff. You're safe now. What happened next," he asked.

"He held a knife to my throat and ordered me in this chair where he tied me up," I said with a sob.

"He then asked me which piece was the most valuable and I told him the most valuable piece was the vase on the fireplace," I said.

"But it is a worthless piece," Wagner said.

"I know. But he wasn't convinced and asked me why would they place flowers in a valuable vase. I told him it was to disguise its real value. I just couldn't let a common thief steal one of these other beautiful pieces," I said with another sob.

"Mrs Wolff, you saved my art pieces and I am forever in you debt because of it. Thanks to your quick thinking they thief only got away with a worthless vase," I nodded numbly.

Wagner ordered one of his guards to get me some water as he checked me for injuries. I would've been flattered by his kindness if he wasn't a well known gun smuggler. I hid the state of my wrist from him afraid that he would want to take a further look and that will take time. Time I don't want to waste. The guard brought the water and I quickly downed it. After that Wagner led me upstairs and I told him I wanted to go home.

He walked me outside and after ensuring I was alright and that I was still going to organise a meeting with my 'husband', he called the limo I arrived in and once I bid him goodbye one last time the limo drove off.

The limo drove me to a hotel where another car waited for me. I thanked the driver before heading to the other black car in the parking lot.

When I climbed inside I was surprised to find Ryan in the driver seat.

"How did it go?" He asked.

"Without a hitch," I said as I took of my mask. He gave me a smile which I returned and we drove back to his house. Jaydan and Toby were already there waiting for us because they wanted to go through all the information I copied as soon as possible.

Once we arrived at Ryan's house a sense of relieve overwhelmed me and I was so grateful that everything was all over. When Ryan and I entered the foyer we found a tense looking Jaydan pacing around. He turned around to face us once Ryan closed the door behind us.

"You're okay," he said relieved as he grabbed me in a hug. When he pulled away he took my hands in his. His eyes almost popped out of his head as he noticed the raw skin around my wrist.

"Did I do this?" He asked and I reassured him it was fine. As Jaydan led me to the bathroom to tend to my wounds, Ryan went to his office to go find out if the information was usable at all.

Jaydan sat me down on the side of the bath as he got out the first aid kit stored in the bathroom. He applied a salve that caused me to wince a bit and Jaydan to keep on apologising. After that he wrapped some clean cloth around the fresh wounds.

"I'm really sorry," he whispered as he finished tying the cloth around my other wrist.

"It's fine. And it made the whole story more believable," I said as I cupped his cheek.

"I know, but I didn't mean to tie it so tightly," he said.

"It didn't feel so tight to me. I was also shocked to see the state my wrists were in," I said with a reassuring smile.

He kissed both my wrists before he helped me back to my feet.

"Lets go see if the whole excursion was worth it," he said as he led me downstairs to Ryan's office.

Both Ryan and Toby's eyes were fixed on the computer and I could here the printer working hard as they printed page after page.

When they noticed us enter they both gave us approving grins.

"You guys did an amazing job. Everything is here! There is so many evidence that James would have a hard time denying it," Toby said.

"Well done you two," Ryan said as he gave us both a smile. I could see that Ryan was glad that he was finally going to get justice for his wife.

"So what happens now," I asked.

"James will be arrested, a trial will be held and all his devices will be taken into custody. Mr Wagner will also be arrested and I have a feeling that he spill all the beans once he realises that James won't be able to get him out of this situation," Ryan said.

A look of relief and peace washed over me as I realised that it was finally over and we'll be able to go home soon.