Chapter 2

Victoria's POV

The hours until my flight passed by painstakingly slow. As I was getting everything ready my mother called. She was not keen on letting me go out into the world on my own, but after I explained to her that Jaydan was missing she didn't try to stop me. I know that Jaydan left willingly, but it was my fault. I pushed him. He already felt guilty about what he did and I made his guilt even worse.

I had a lot of things to apologise for and that was only going to happen when I find him. He left his phone at his parents house so there was no way of contacting him. I could only hope that at the end of this trip I would find him.

Two hours before my flight I called a taxi to drive me to the airport. With all my bags in hand I gave my apartment a final look before locking the door. I didn't know how long I was going to be away for, or when I will be returning. I could only hope that when I returned, I won't be returning alone. 

I waited patiently until my flight was called and when it finally was I wanted to shout with joy, I was one step closer to Jaydan. We boarded the plane quickly and I was happy to find that I had a window seat. An old lady was in the seat next to me.

I tried to sleep on the plane, but the lady next to me wouldn't allow it. She told me that she was visiting some family in Rome, before she told me about all her grandchildren and children. Where they lived and what they did.

She even told me about her husband that passed away a year ago. She told me that she never travelled before because her husband didn't trust planes. The flight was quite entertaining. I didn't even get a chance to tell her about myself and I was grateful.

My life has been a rollercoaster these last few years. I helped a thief catch another thief only to discover that the thief was the guy I liked and then I became a detective, got engaged and lost my fiance before my wedding. Then I found out my best friend kidnapped my fiancé and that my fiancé hid a few secrets from me. I broke up with him and now here I am travelling around the world to find the man I loved.

By the time we landed in Rome it was nearly noon. I realised that I still had some time left before I needed to book into my hotel so I decided to go visit the Colosseum. I didn't know what I was going to find, but I hoped that there would be another clue or that I would walk into Jaydan while I was here.

I waited for a taxi with luggage in hand as I watched the people around me. I noticed a family standing there with huge posters in their hands. The name on the posters were that of the lady that sat next to me. She was going to get a very warm welcome. Finally I saw the old lady be reunited with her loved ones and I couldn't help the smile that made its way on my face. I was glad to see that she got to be with her loved ones once more.

After a few minutes of waiting a taxi finally arrived and a man quickly jumped out and helped me with my luggage. Once we were inside the car he asked me where I wanted to go. I quickly told him the Colosseum and he nodded before he started to drive. He introduced himself as Felix.

"Excuse me, for saying so Madame, but you don't look like a tourist," Felix said.

"Why do you say that?" I asked.

"It looks like there is a purpose in your eyes, like you are looking for something," he said with a slight accent.

"You are right. I am looking for something,"I told him.

"I hope you find it," he said and after that we were both silent.

Once we arrived at the Colosseum I asked Felix to wait for me and he agreed. The Colosseum was magnificent and as I walked around I took some photos to remember my adventure by. As I looked around for the symbol I imagined what the place looked like when it was still used by the gladiators.

There were a lot of tourist standing around admiring the architecture. If I was a normal tourist I would have took my time looking around the place, but I was in a hurry so I quickly scanned the area in search of the symbol.

I looked everywhere and when I didn't find anything I decided to return to Felix. As I was leaving I noticed a small engraving on the ground near the entrance. A smile overtook my features and I quickly took a closer look. Another symbol with another pair of coordinates. I wrote it down quickly in my note book where I kept the photo and first coordinates. Once I was done I returned to the taxi where Felix was waiting leaning against the car and enjoying the view.

He gave me a smile before he opened the door for me. Once he was back in the front I quickly typed the coordinates in my phone and it opened a picture of the Tower of Pisa, which was also located in Rome.

"Felix?"

"Yes, Madame?" He asked. 

"Would you be able to take me to the Tower of Pisa tomorrow?" I asked him.

He nodded and I gave him a smile. I gave him the name of the hotel I was staying at and as he was unloading my luggage we discussed at what time he should pick me up the next day. At 9 o'clock he was going to fetch me at the hotel and take me to my next destination.

I thanked him one last time before I headed into the hotel. I went straight to the receptionist and after giving her my name she gave me a warm smile and my room key.

"Room 312. Enjoy your stay," she said with an accent as well. I thanked her before one of the bellboys helped me to take my luggage to my room. Once we arrived at my room I unlocked the door and asked him to place the bags in front of my bed. Before he left I thanked him and gave him a small tip.

The room was breathtaking and had cream coloured walls. There was a huge poster bed with soft pastel coloured bedding. There was a door next to the bed that led to the bathroom which had both a shower and bath. On the other side of the bed was a pair of glass doors that led to a balcony. When I opened it, I was greeted with a beautiful view of the city and I could see the Colosseum in the distance. This was truly a beautiful place. And even though I would like to explore this place a bit more, I was in a hurry to get to Jaydan.

I took a few photos of the amazing view before I took a relaxing shower. Once I was in comfortable clothes I relaxed by watching some TV. The TV was across the bed.

While I was watching TV my thoughts raced and I wonder what I was going to find at the Tower of Pisa tomorrow. Another clue or might I finally run into Jaydan. And with those thoughts I nodded of to sleep.