Chapter 2

THIRD PERSON POV

"Commander, there's an incoming transmission coming from Coruscant. It said that it's specifically for you." A Republic troop said towards Rex.

"Wanna have a look? It might have a report on General Kenobi's efforts." Rex asked.

"No, i'm going to stay back and finish our plan. You go ahead and tell me the good news when you get back." Ahsoka replied, smiling.

Rex nodded and went back to the transmission room. He turned on the holo-pad, and a shriveled up man with a black robe and hood over his face appeared in front of Rex.

"Commander Rex, the time has come. Execute Order 66." Sidious said from the other side of the holo-projector.

"Yes, Lord Sidious."

~~~

Ahsoka was standing at the table with the senate building projected in front of her. Her and Maul were devising a plan to get inside the building. Luckily, for them, Ahsoka knew the building inside and out from visiting Padme all the time.

"In order for this to work, you have to tell me the identity of the Sith Lord." Ahsoka said.

"How would that affect the plan? If you trust me, I can get you to him." Maul casually replied.

"Trust you? I've barely known you for a couple hours, but given that we're looking at the Senate building, i'm guessing its one of the Senators?" Ahsoka smirked.

Maul sighed, he could tell her the identity, but that would compromise the plan. He had it all planned out. Maul was not trying to turn her, in fact it was the opposite, he wanted to destroy the Sith. They took his family from him, and as long as he killed Sidious he could avenge his family.

Maul knew that she would find out sooner or later, given that she has survived this long in the war, the problem was, would she accept the truth? Everything could quickly go down hill within a matter of seconds.

"So if the Sith Lord wanted to turn Anakin to the Dark Side," Ahsoka said walking around the table, while caressing her chin, mocking Obi-Wan, "they would have to be someone close to him, that Anakin trusts."

Ahsoka was getting close to the truth, and she knew it.

"And the only two people who I know are really close to Anakin in the Senate is Padme, but she's not a he so it must be..." Ahsoka trailed off, realizing the truth.

Maul grimaced, this is how it ended. She would turn on Maul and everything would go straight down from there.

And indeed did go downhill from there.

Ahsoka then clutched her head. Something was wrong, so much pain, so much loss. She grabbed onto the table for support. Something was wrong, and both of them knew it. Ahsoka took off in a sprint, she had to make sure Rex was okay.

When the doors opened to the transmission room, Rex was there with six other soldiers, each of them had blasters pointed directly at her and Maul.

"Rex, what's going on? What's happening?" Ahsoka asked cautiously, putting her hands up in the air.

"I'm sorry Commander." Rex said, holding back tears.

Rex's helmet was off, showing the conflict going through his eyes and mind.

"Rex?" Ahsoka asked one more time.

"Find him."

"Find who?"

"Find him, Fives, find him!" That was the last thing Rex said before he pulled the triggers on both his pistols.

Ahsoka dodged the blaster fire that was coming her way.  Ahsoka and Maul drew their sabers from their hilts. After they killed one clone, another five came in from behind. The clones kept growing in numbers, so the two force users retreated back into one of the Jedi chambers.

"What happened? What was that? Is this your doing?!" Ahsoka yelled in shock.

"This is not my doing, I have a feeling that this was my Masters doing." Maul said back in a calmer tone.

"Is it Palpatine?" Ahsoka asked.

Maul looked down. That was all Ahsoka needed to confirm her suspicions. Ahsoka took a deep breath and reached out with the force. She wanted to feel Anakin's presence, to know that he was ok. All she felt was a darkness, a blackness, where Anakin's presence used to be. Ahsoka feared the worst now.

"If we hurry we can make it to the main bridge and seal the doors so we can make it to Coruscant. I have no idea how we're going to get out of here, but we can improvise." Ahsoka said.

There was only so much the two could do now, the fate of the Republic was now in the pair's hand.