Chapter 3

THIRD PERSON POV

Ahsoka and Maul activated their lightsabers and slowly opened the door. Clones were there, waiting for them to open the door. They blocked their shots and booked it to the main hangar. They cut the clones guns in half and knocked them out in groups, using the force. They sealed the doors and continued their course to Coruscant.

Ahsoka sighed and looked around her, all of the clones' bodies lay unconscious. Ahsoka wondered what had made them turn so quickly. Was it because she sided with Maul? No, it couldn't be, Rex turned on her, and as far as she knew, Rex accepted her decision to side with Maul.

Maul said it might have something to do with his Master, Palpatine. Fives. Fives was a clone in the 501st. When Ahsoka left the order Fives was there and fighting for the 501st, now Ahsoka didn't know where he was. Had he done the same as Ahsoka did, walk away?

"I need a droid." Ahsoka said.

"What?"

"A droid, Rex said something about a clone named Fives before he-" Ahsoka trailed off, she didn't even want to think about it.

"Well I don't know if you've noticed but all the droids are on the other side of the ship." Maul said, slightly annoyed.

Ahsoka thought about it for a moment, what would Anakin do? Then it hit her, on a mission to save Master Piell, Ahsoka used a vent to get inside and unlock the door from the inside. Ahsoka looked up, there was a vent she could use. She wasn't sure if she could fit in it now, but it was worth a shot.

Ahsoka pointed up at the vent.

"Oh no, there's no way I'm going in there." Maul shook his head.

"Not you, me." Ahsoka said bluntly.

Ahsoka knew time was limited so she didn't wait for a response from Maul. Ahsoka grabbed an extra comlink and threw it over to Maul.

"Use this only for emergencies. I'll contact you when I'm making my way back." Ahsoka said.

She used the force to bring down the piece that was preventing her from climbing in and jumped up, using the force to get an extra boost.

Maul looked up as the padawan slowly pushed herself inside the vent. Once she got in and situated, Maul watched the lightspeed tracker slowly closing in on Coruscant. Maul prayed that Ahsoka knew what she was doing.

~~~

Ahsoka crawled through the vents, like a cat in the night. Every once in a while she would look down and see the clones running around, while the sirens were blaring. One pit stop she took she saw Rex. He was just standing there, watching the troopers run around. That wasn't Rex, and Ahsoka knew it.

Ahsoka recollected herself and kept crawling to the droids room. She looked around, no clones were in sight. She removed the vent tile and jumped down quietly. She looked around once more to make sure.

"All clear." She said to herself.

Ahsoka saw her astromech droid, R7-A7. She turned him on and shushed him while he was beeping happy beeps to her.

"I know, I know! I don't know why the clones are doing this, but maybe you could help me out." Ahsoka said to the astromech.

R7 beeped in response.

"I need you to pull up all files on the ARC Trooper CT-5555." Ahsoka said.

A hologram pad lit up with the answer to her question. The pad started flipping through the clones data. Ahsoka studied them one by one looking for anything related to whatever was going on.

After a couple more flips Ahsoka caught something.

"Stop!" She said quietly to the droid, "Read this to me."

"CT-5555 was a ARC Trooper in a legion known as the 501st legion. CT-5555 malfunctioned after getting his chip removed from his brain, illegally. After that he threatened to kill Jedi General, Anakin Skywalker and clone Captain CT-7567. CT-5555 was executed by a blaster shot, shot from clone CC-1010. Addition to all of this, there is a message from CT-7567, stating his point of view of the situation after it happened." The Kaminoan on the hologram said.

"Bring up that message from Rex." Ahsoka said.

R7 beeped.

"It's restricted? Try Anakin's passcode, 8108." Ahsoka said hopeful.

Ahsoka's hopes were confirmed as the message from Rex pooped onto the hologram.

"Fives was on a mission when something happened to one of our brothers, Tup, otherwise known as CT-5385. His chip malfunctioned and rotted out. We had hope that Tup would survive, but he died during surgery. I guess Fives didn't believe Tup's death and went on an investigation to find out what the chips are really meant for. Eventually the Republic found out and Fives went into hiding. Fives contacted me and General Skywalker a location to meet him at. He made us lay down our weapons and trapped us in a ray shield. Now i don't know who filled out this report, but Fives did not try to kill us! He just wanted to talk. He said something about the chancellor and how the chips can make us do anything to his bidding. I'm not even sure if i believe it myself, but I think these chips have more to do with us than we know." Rex's message cut-off there.

Ahsoka knew the truth now. Fives was killed, and the chips were making them try to kill her, but why Maul? Ahsoka had her answers, now she needed to get out of there. Ahsoka shut down her astromech and said goodbye, maybe for the last time.

Ahsoka crawled through the vents again and before she knew, she was at the main hangar. Ahsoka jumped down and pulled out his lightsaber thinking there were more clones. Maul retracted his saber and set it back on his hilt, Ahsoka dusted herself off.

"Did you find out what you needed so desperately?" Maul asked.

"Yes, I actually did find some interesting information. I do have one question though," Ahsoka looked towards Maul, "Why were the clones trying to kill you? You're not a Jedi."

"Sidious might have put my name on the list after he found out I was alive, just in case I became a burden to his plan." Maul explained. 

Ahsoka nodded her head and within the next few seconds, the ship came out of hyper-space and Coruscant came into view. Ahsoka and Maul sensed the darkness rising the closer they got. Ahsoka's only hope was that Anakin was safe.