Chapter 8

^^^^^
((Foreshadowing??? Maaaaaaaaaybe, maybe not...
Also i HIGHLY recommend listening to "The Real Hero" from the Avengers: Endgame soundtrack while reading this chapter))

THIRD PERSON POV

"Where's Maul?" Ahsoka had asked.

Ahsoka took off in a sprint down the hallways once she didn't hear a reply from either two Jedi. She feared the worst now. Even though Maul was a bad guy, and did terrible things to her friends, he was ultimately the one to bring everyone together and not only kill Palpatine, but save Anakin.

That was five minutes ago...

Now Ahsoka has yet to find the rogue Sith. Anakin and Obi-Wan followed behind Ahsoka.  After a couple more minutes, Ahsoka finds him. Maul was slumped up against the wall, passed out. He wasn't dead yet, but slipping away.

"Oh no." Ahsoka said under her breath.

Ahsoka ran over and tried to shake him awake, but to no avail. Ahsoka gave up and used the force to wake him up. He stirred the first couple of seconds but finally awoke.

"A-Ahsoka?" Maul tried to get up, "Where's Sidi-Sidious?"

"He's dead, Anakin killed him, just save your energy, we'll get you out of this." Ahsoka said.

Anakin opened his mouth to say something but Obi-Wan shook his head, stopping Anakin from saying anything.

Maul shook his head, "No, no. What's the plan?"

Ahsoka smirked, "The plan is to get you out alive."

"That plan will not work, 'Soka. We both know that."

Ahsoka lowered her head. She knew Maul was right, he wouldn't make it out of the temple.

"No, no there has to be a way!" She looked up towards Anakin, "Anakin, what about what you did to me on Mortis? Could you do that now?"

"I'm sorry Snips, I would need the Father to be able to transfer energy." Anakin said. It pained him to not be able to help.

Ahsoka lowered her head again, this was the end.

Ahsoka lifted her head only to hear Maul choke out, "It's okay, I've...served my...purpose..."

And with that Maul had died. Not as a villain, but as a hero. Ahsoka let a tear slip from her eye.

Anakin and Obi-Wan lowered their heads. Obi-Wan picked Maul's body off the ground and out to the fiery depths of Mustafar. The Jedi Master got his robe and put it on the body. The three all used the force and lifted his body into the lava. They watched silently as Maul's body floated down the river of lava, their eyes slowly going from one side to the other.

The three walked out of the temple, only stopping to bring Rex's body and pistols to the ship.

As soon as she saw Anakin walk out of the temple, Padme raced into Anakin's arms. She sighed out of relief and started crying into his robes. Obi-Wan and Ahsoka went to the ship and set Rex's body down on one of the beds.  The two sat cross legged in front of the bed and mourned Rex. Anakin soon came in and did the same thing.

Afterwards,  Ahsoka looked up and hugged the two Jedi. She started to cry, to let everything out. She didn't know what to do, where her life was gonna go, she just knew that all she needed was right here, in front of her.

~~~

2 DAYS LATER...
((Ahsoka is wearing the robes that she had on during the last part of Victory and Death, Anakin and Obi-Wan are wearing their Jedi robes!))

Anakin, Padme, Obi-Wan, and Ahsoka stood silently, watching all the caskets of fallen Jedi Masters, Padawans, Younglings, and Knights as they floated above the ground and made their way across the streets of Coruscant. People on both sides of the streets lowering their heads in respect. Anakin put the hood of his robe over his head. Ahsoka and Obi-Wan did the same, and bowed their heads.

Ahsoka turned away and walked to a field of green grass, she stood on the edge of the cliff, her grey robes flowed with the wind as she looked over the city. She looked down at her feet as tears started to flow down her face. She looked back up at the suns slowly setting down on the horizon. Her tear stained face was as shiny as metal, reflecting the sunlight right back at the suns. She took out her lightsabers and looked at the silver cylinders glisten in the sun. Her arm extended backwards and she threw the lightsabers over the cliff, not out of anger, but an apology to to those that she had lost, the same feeling that was ripped out of her only 2 days ago.

Ahsoka immediately afterwards sat down on the cliff and pulled her knees up to her chest and cried some more. Even though they won, she felt as if she had lost more than she had won. First, she lost the entire Jedi army, including Plo Koon. Then she had almost lost Anakin, then her best friend, Rex, then she had lost an ally, Maul. She sat there for about five minutes until Obi-Wan came up to her. The two said nothing to each other, as Obi-Wan sat down and put an arm around her shoulder.  Ahsoka leaned in and wiped her tears on his robes. Obi-Wan could feel the regret and sadness radiating off of her in waves. He just pulled her closer and gave her a comforting hug. They had both lost almost everything at the hands of Palpatine. Now they could live in peace and freedom.

"I just-" Ahsoka started.

"I know." Obi-Wan said.

Anakin soon came over and sat down next to Obi-Wan and put his arm around him. The three all watched as the suns disappeared into the horizon. The darkness swallowed the air, no one said anything to each other, just mourning all that they have lost.

And that was it.

The war was over.

~~~

The galaxy was at peace now, a new order was rising. But most importantly...

The Chosen One lives...

All because of an Unexpected Alliance.

THE END

A/N: Ahhhhh! So that's it, minus the Epilouge, but what did you guys think? I tried to give a satisfying ending because you guys are awesome and so supportive! I wanted to say thank you so much for enjoying this story and want to thank my friends who helped me edit, rewrite, and delete stuff, so thank y'all! The Epilogue will be tomorrow because I said so, so be on the lookout! This has been a great 5 weeks!! Love you guys! Please tell me what you thought of it!
~Andy!