(Lucius; III) Forgotten Past

Aurelius.

He's currently sitting on the ground, contemplating the beautiful last view of the sky that, still covered in big grey clouds, can reflect the precious sense of the last moments of a tough afternoon. His face is normal, or most normal as possible, while inside he feels the aching pain coming from his shoulder. Aurelius, with his left paw that's already dangled on his shoulder, is pressing a big white cloth —The perfectly hand-embroidered gold embroidery at the ends and the Et stellas symbol in the middle are not enough to cover the small red stain that starts forming and extending in the middle of the entire cloth.

There's a sword beside him, not bigger or smaller than the every-normal sword, laying on the ground, both the hilt and blade are covered in foreign dark blood. A thin pilum(11) on his left, it can clearly seem to hasn't being used during the fight –because the sharp point is still at the head of the big stick(12).

And he turns his glance at his horizon, looking at the exhausted warriors, ones panting, others sitting on the ground, some of them taking their paws high on the sky and putting them back down once their back noises some dull cracks.

Few tired warriors get closer to him and, raising their fits high on their chests, bow before walking away. There's almost no damage from the Plunderer' attack, maybe a few stolen or broken things. It's like the Plunderers just wanted to have some fun.

But Why?, Aurelius thinks. They just wanted to fight? Maybe they had nothing else to do, so because they were bored they just wanted to fight?

"Solus?" He hears, The Name, the forgotten name he ones had. The name that, even it's not completed, quickly makes the Samoyed perk his ear even higher than they already are, creating a long and low shiver that travels from point to point of his entire spine. His teeth clench as Aurelius raises his look to see with dominant-judging eyes at the darling canine who dared to pronounce The name.

The Husky quickly notices the Emperor's son look, he can't help slightly bend his back, he even doubts if raise his paws in defense or to kneel down to show much more respect than he already thinks he's giving. The Siberian is holding an already used pilum on his right paw, no scabbard on his belt. He doesn't even have the Et stellas official armor, he's wearing a Lorica Squamata(13).

The arctic dog has his ears flattened down, his fist halfway to reach his chest but stopped in the mid-way. He knows he's not an official citizen and, for obvious reasons, he must respect the loyal blood family if he wants to be one.

The Husky just sits down next to him, but not too close as he'd like to.

Aurelius just follows him with his eyes, slightly moving his head to catch a better look at the warrior on his side, and after a soft and uncomfortable chuckle, the Samoyed scoops "Please, I entreat you to not call over that name again", trying to force a smile but dropping it down after a couple of seconds.

"O-oh. . ." The Husky opens his eyes wildly, maybe he said something bad? He supports a paw on the ground and quickly lifts himself up "I. . . I'm sorry, hmm, I'll leave you alon-".

"Wait" Interrupts the Samoyed dog with calm voice, still pressing the white cloth to his shoulder, taking his glance back at the horizon, completely ignoring at the Siberian warrior that's waiting for another command.

Both of them stay in an uncomfortable quiet for a long time, the soft howls of the breeze start whispering at the same time it pushes their fur, making it dance like the tall grass from outside the vast Empire has surely done the entire day.

Till' Aurelius sharply sighs, breaking the silence, quietly darting his eyes to the ground "What's your name?".

The Husky quickly sits back down, his gaze intently fixes on the white dog, his back is straight while his legs are crossed and, raising a fist on his chest, states: "Remus, last male son of a gypsy family. I'm an Auxiliary soldier(14), I live in the bay of the lake. This is my tenth year in service".