2. Imperial Concubine Chun

The photo I used as the chapter cover is how Imperial Concubine Chun looks.
The photo I used It's not mine, credit to the rightful owner.

In a chamber close to the Dragon Hall, a concubine was resting while drinking tea while listening to her personal maid.
"Nubi heard that His Majesty the Emperor choose three concubines for this year selection".

The chamber, even if its master wasn't a high-ranked concubine, was luxurious and extravagant.
Imperial Concubine Chun was its master, she entered the harem a year after the Emperor ascended the throne, she was the childhood sweetheart of His Majesty; but since she didn't have a strong background, she's still a low-ranked concubine.

Originally she was a Noble Lady but, after she was found pregnant, she got promoted.
The love from the Emperor wasn't enough to protect the fetus.

It was a normal day and she was 8 weeks pregnant, she was drinking tea in the afternoon and suddenly she had a stomachache.
The Imperial Physician arrived too late and he couldn't do anything to protect the unborn child.
Imperial Concubine Chun, along the Emperor, knew that the killer of their child was Imperial Noble Consort Qi, but thanks to her powers and influence in both the Imperial Court and the harem, they couldn't do anything.

"I want their background and rank"

"Nubi did some research in advance, two sisters entered the harem, Noble Lady Wei and First-Class Female Attendant Wei. The first one is related to the Yu Clan."

"The Yu Clan... the maiden Clan of the Empress Dowager... and the last one?"

"Noble Lady Ling, daughter of the Minister of Education, a first-ranked Marquis but..."

"But what?" said Imperial Concubine Chun, while she finished her tea, she elegantly stands up.

"Nubi heard that The Emperor is interested in Noble Lady Wei. When the selection was over, Nubi heard that all of them are beautiful, all of them flawless".

While hearing what her personal maid said, she put her favorite hairpin, gifted by His Majesty, in her beautiful and long silky hair.

"Don't worry, His Majesty loves this concubine[1] now help me to prepare. We should go to Noble Imperial Consort Qi palace, soon the new concubines will arrive".

"Shì[2]".

---

While the three new concubines where entering the Forbidden City by the side gate, at Yongshun Palace there was a big meeting with almost all the concubines. The palace is the biggest and the most luxurious; only after the Emperor and the Empress Dowager's palace (there is also the Empress' palace but its not used at the moment).

Imperial Noble Consort Qi was waiting for Consort Xi to arrive, before "welcoming" the new concubines.

this photo is from the historical tv drama "ruyi's love in the palace", this is how I imagine the seats for the concubines. In the middle, as the master of the palace and the harem, Imperial Noble Consort Qi.

 In the middle, as the master of the palace and the harem, Imperial Noble Consort Qi