19. The Emperor's Birthday

The photo I used as the chapter cover is
Noble Lady Shen, the Third Princess of the Mongolian Reign.
The photo I used it's not mine, credit to the rightful owner.

Noble Lady Shun, the Third Princess of the Mongolian Reign, just arrived at her new home, the Palace of Earthly Honor. She was standing in her bedroom, admiring the foreign forniture and decorations, that adorned the room.

She entered the Royal Palace of the Mongolian reign a year ago, and was bestowed a marriage just two months ago, 'You're a Princess, and like the Second Princess did, you will become The Emperor of the Jin Empire concubine, is that clear?', that were the words of her supposed 'father', meanwhile her mother, dressed in a luxurious dress that wrapped her pregnant belly, was looking at her daughter pitying her and her fate, and Noble Lady Shun hated that.

Her personal maid that traveled with her from Mongolia to the Jin Empire entered the room, "Princess, the Emperor bestowed to you the fifth -rank Noble Lady Shun, and this servant came to you to report the current situation in the harem."

"I heard the Emperor usually bestows the fifth -rank at the start, even if you're a Princess."

"Yes Princess, this servant heard even Royal Princess Uisun from Joseon and your sister, the Second Princess, were bestowed the title of Noble Lady upon entering the harem, later they were promoted."

"So it isn't a surprise, go on, how is the situation in the harem?", asked Noble Lady Shun at the maid, the latter replied, "This servant heard that in the harem currently there are three main forces: the Imperial Noble Consort, mother of the First Prince, Noble Consort Xi, backed by the Empress Dowager, and Consort Zhen, mother of the famous blessed twins, and also her is backed by the Empress Dowager. Also, this servant heard that recently Noble Consort Xi gave birth to the Sixth Princess, and Imperial Concubine Chun to the Fourth Prince, she was promoted to Consort Chun for that, now there are two consorts, there was a third but she was banished to the Cold Palace and demoted to Noble Lady, since she killed the Third Prince, Imperial Concubine Ning's son, that was adopted by Consort Zhen.
Imperial Concubine Ning and Consort Zhen were half-sister, but the first one passed out almost five months ago. Also, three concubines are pregnant, Imperial Concubine Xian, Jia and Li."

Noble Lady Shun was shocked at how many information her maid was able to got, what seemed strange is that the maid didn't mention anything about an Empress, thought nobody told her anything about the Jin Empire, other than she will marry the same husband as her half-sister, "Doesn't the Emperor have a wife? An Empress?", asked Noble Lady Shun.

"This servants replying, the Emperor will hold the ceremony of selection in four months, all the concubines in the fourth-rank Consort (Fei) and above, will be able to partecipate, if Princess in four months can be promoted to Fei, Princess might be the Empress! This servants hopes to see the Princess in the Phoenix Throne!", the servant bowed, in sign of respect towards her master, and her desire for Noble Lady Shun to be named Empress.

Noble Lady Shun, seeing her servants so devoted to her, couldn't help but smile and say, "Stand up, don't need to be so courteous."

"Thank you Princess.", the maid got closer to her master, and watched the beautiful lips of Noble Lady Shun move, as she says, "I will take the Empress throne, but you must help me and be loyal to me, is that clear?"