14. Princess Uisun

The photo I used as the chapter cover is Yi-On Hui, aka Noble Lady Yu.
The photo I used it's not mine, credit to the rightful owner.

-

From outside the Pavillon, you could easily hear the chatting of the nobles and the music playing, at the center of the banquet hall, six masked dancers were performing their last performances of the day, dancing gracefully and elegantly, the six beautiful ladies attracted the male audience's eyes, each of the girls wore quite exposed outfits' for the Joseon Kingdom traditions; the Jin Empire clothing was known to be more frugal compared to the old dynasties, most women wore a traditional dress called ruqun hanfu, which exposed the collarbone and, for the voluminous ones, some breast too.
The Joseon noble mens, if at the start were embarrassed by such sight, now they were for sure delighted.

(t/n. already posted in the first chapters but this is how a ruqun hanfu looks!)

Meanwhile the Emperor eyes were drawn to the six beautiful dancers, Imperial Noble Consort Qi was still processing what just happened, 'I thought the King would send a daughter from a noble family, unless that bitch asked herself to be the concubi...

Meanwhile the Emperor eyes were drawn to the six beautiful dancers, Imperial Noble Consort Qi was still processing what just happened, 'I thought the King would send a daughter from a noble family, unless that bitch asked herself to be the concubine of His Majesty.'

You see, when the Emperor was the Fourth Prince, he had only one concubine, Tang Jing;
the only daughter of the Prime Minister, now Imperial Noble Consort Qi. The period when she was the favored the most, before birthing the First Prince, was at the Fourth Prince Manor, she almost became the Fourth Princess, until Princess Uisun arrived.

The Joseon Royal Family visited the Late Emperor to sign the contract of peace, after a war that almost went over a thousand years, thats when Princess Uisun meet the current Emperor, it was first love at sight. The young Fourth Prince seemed to be interested in her too, that much that her promotion to Fourth Princess was almost canceled, until both Princess Uisun and Tang Jing couldn't do nothing, the late Emperor died.

'I just hope the Emperor will keep himself busy with the Consorts, at this time, I find more like-able Consort Zhen than that Princess', at this point, Imperial Noble Consort Qi was truly desperate.

Meanwhile, Princess Uisun was glaring at the Emperor, seeking his attention, and when she sees that the Emperor was looking at the dancing, and quite provoking girls, full of jealousy, she glanced at her brother making a signal to speak to the Emperor about that.

"You Majesty." said the King of Joseon, looking at the Emperor direction, immediately the latter heard the King's voice, since he was one with a quite deep voice, thus easily recognizable.

"Yes, King?"

"My beloved sister, Royal Princess Uisun, prepared a traditional dance from the Jin Empire for you, Your Majesty." The Emperor was surprised by the King's words, but he would expected something like that, since it was from Princess Uisun, 'later I will talk to Jiao Wei about my past relationship with that thing, unfortunately I must act first as the Emperor and then as a husband.'