12. A New Start

The photo I used as the chapter cover is Jiao Wei, aka Imperial Concubine Jian.
The photo I used it's not mine, credit to the rightful owner.

-

"Your Majesty... – Jiao Wei suddenly bowed before the Emperor, – this concubines is grateful for your Majesty's attention, pin qie also knows that the Emperor is busy with court affairs and with the other jiejies, there is a child in my womb, so I'm useless for night service right now, this concubine isn't angry and understands."

Even if Jiao Wei was jealous about her lover getting in other women's beds, she knows that it's inevitable, since this is the Forbidden City. The Emperor must procreate many royal heirs as possible, and the fact that currently there is only one heir to the throne and four Princesses, had many ministers worried about the future of the Jin Empire; they started to plead for a concubine selection within the Empire, also to give strength to their own clans.

But the Emperor didn't like that, so these days he keeps himself busy with Imperial Concubine Chun and also Consort Xi, but the latter wasn't pregnant.

"We're grateful that our concubine understands us, – the Emperor then gently kissed Jiao Wei's hands, also helping her stand up, – let us spend time with you, we will sleep together tonight."

"Li Bao, go back to the Dragon Hall with all my servants, We will sleep here tonight."

"Shí"

Li Bao, a newly promoted eunuch of the Emperor, quietly listened to the others and retired. The couple then, still holding eachother's hand, went inside the main hall of the Palace of Eternal Spring.

When both of them were inside the main bedroom, they took a seat at a side table, and took a sip of tea that the servants brought before, "The tea is really delicious, – spoke Jiao Wei, then she looks directly at the Emperor's eyes – Your Majesty, can this concubine speak about a recent issue involving this subject?"

"What issue? What happened Jiao'Er?" when the Emperor spoke informally, Jiao Wei knew he was very worried for her, good. It was time to drop the bomb.

"This concubine heard rumors involving myself, that I bore the child of the devil, – then Jiao Wei started to cry, she doesn't even know if the tears are real or not, since she started to think about sad things, – since this concubine is five months pregnant but with a bigger belly than n-normal.."

The Emperor was speechless, he didn't hear anything about this, and surely when he will come back at the Dragon Hall tomorrow morning, he will speak to his eunuch about the matter.

"Who dare to say this about you? – the Emperor expression was full of anger, – We will investigate trough fully over this matter."
The Emperor then hugged his beloved, trying to comfort her and also giving her a message, that he will be always here for her.

"Y-Your Majesty, – Jiao Wei looked up at the Emperor, – there is also another matter, Imperial Doctor Qing gave a new diagnosis to me earlier this week."

The Emperor looked quite worried for Jiao Wei, "Tell me my beloved, is this a bad news?"

"No! Instead, this concubine thinks its a blessing to our Empire, – then Jiao Wei smiled, gently stroking her big and round belly, – this concubine is carrying two lifes."