13. My Beloved

The photo I used as the chapter cover is Princess Uisun, during the banquet's performance.
The photo I used it's not mine, credit to the rightful owner.

-

"Why His Majesty didn't tell about the new concubine to the Imperial Noble Consort?"

The Emperor looked worried about mentioning the concubine to Imperial Noble Consort Qi, so Jiao Wei wanted to understand why, to share his worries, like a wife would do.
"We didn't want to worry Imperial Noble Consort, – replied the Emperor, – since the new concubine is the sister of the King of Joseon."

This was a new news for Jiao Wei, since when the Emperor spoke to her last night, he didn't mention the background of the concubine.
"The only sister of the king? Princess Uisun?"

Noble Lady Shun was a princess, but of illegitimate line, meanwhile Princess Uisun wasn't only the only sister of the King, they also have the same mother, the current Queen Dowager.

"Yes my beloved, Princess Uisun, We're worried about what title We should give to her, – the Emperor then toke Jiao Wei's hands, – We don't want to offend the King of Joseon, also we don't want to give many power to the Princess."

'So thats why he seemed worried', thought Jiao Wei, "Your Majesty, Noble Lady would be alright for the start, but the Korean Royal Family might feel offended from this, but Imperial Concubine is too high for a new concubine." she replied.

"So instead, – Jiao Wei then toke the tea and served it to the Emperor, – should we give the Princess Uisun the rank of Noble Lady but with a title?" as continued to talk, Jiao Wei looked at the Emperor expression, trying to figure out if she talked too much, or if he was pleased by her idea.

"My beloved, what a wonderful idea!, – then Emperor elegantly toke a sip of the tea, as he continued to speak, – we shall give her the rank of Noble Lady, with the title of Yu."

After solving the issue with Princess Uisun, the couple continued to cuddle and eat some refreshments, that the maids bought before, until a sudden news came from the Emperor's eunuch, "Your Majesty, Consort Xi is pregnant."

-

"Wonderful! another Royal child is coming!" the Empress Dowager was at Consort Xi's palace, along the Emperor and other concubines; after the notice of Consort Xi's pregnancy, the harem was in uproar, all the favorite concubines are pregnant, that means another Prince might come soon.

Consort Xi was in her bed smiling as she replied, "Empress Dowager, it's this concubine blessing to be able to produce a Royal child."

"This old one is very happy to have many grandchildren, – the Empress Dowager then looked towards Consort Zhen, – also Consort Zhen blessed the country carrying twins, this one is truly happy."

"Royal Mother, please rest assured that We will take care of our concubines."

The Emperor knew his Royal Mother was worried about the Royal Heir issue, so he tried to bed as many concubines possible, so after other Royal Heirs would be born, he will be dedicated to his favorite.