Updates on the Royal Harem (1-16) + some things :)

these are the updates con the ranks and brief descriptions of each concubine! i was thinking it might be easier for everyone to update from now on like this, so if you forget something, when there are major changes, i will update the list with the new names etc. I will update it every time there is a major change

 I will update it every time there is a major change

note: for people who might don't know, numerous concubines are normal for the harem of an Emperor, especially during the tang dynasty, where historically, there were Emperors with thousands of concubines, most of them begin servants with a low ran...

note: for people who might don't know, numerous concubines are normal for the harem of an Emperor, especially during the tang dynasty, where historically, there were Emperors with thousands of concubines, most of them begin servants with a low rank in the harem, ignored after two nights of night service. Our Emperor of this story doesn't like to be like his ancestors with hundreds of concubines, he will accept in his harem concubines from noble families and from foreign nobles families/royal families. so soon there will be more concubines, note also that the Emperor will take concubines mainly for political purposes, and favor them accordingly to that, expect for our jiao wei of course :) and someone else... too?? idk. (excluding imperial concubine chun. even if she isn't that much favorite anymore, and she's a baron's daughter, it was the emperor first love. he will spare her some dignity, she also had a miscarriage and had to wait one year before serving him.)

t/n little fact: i got inspired for the title of the ranks by actual concubines, most of them are from concubines i saw on historical dramas and read about them on articles and videos. also, princess uisun in fact existed, she got adopted by the king and queen of joseon and became Princess, then she was married off to Prince Dorgon, son of Nurhaci, the 'founder' of the Qing dynasty, "he laid the foundation for the subsequent qing dynasty conquest of the ming dynasty" (cr wikipedia).

if you want to know her and his story, you can search them on wikipedia or google :)

I will also take inspiration from real concubines in future! (like i mentioned Yang Guifei and Emperor Xiaotong, who really existed, and Yang Guifei really performed the Sogdian Whirling Dance!) There will be III or IV arcs, each one divided by a stage of the life of Jiao Wei, after the first one will end, before posting the second, I will edit the old chapters :)

see you next time 🤍