9. Dear Sister

The photo I used as the chapter cover is how Noble Lady Wei (Ling Wei) looks.
The photo I used is not mine, credit to the rightful owner.
-

"Are you sure about this?" – in the Palace of Great Brillance, a concubine was seated sipping her tea, while speaking with her personal servant; the situation was much worse than the concubine thought, nobody should mess with the Emperor, especially about curses, they would lose their head right away.

"Nubi is sure, one of our maids reported that Noble Lady Wei's personal servant placed under her own bed the cursed item, then she placed one that looks the same in Imperial Concubine Jian's chambers, also apparently she placed one under Imperial Concubine Chun's bed."

"We should go to right away, before the worst could happen. Also, call the maid who reported to you and tell her to replace Imperial Concubine Jian's cursed item with Noble Lady Wei's ones."

"Nubi understands. I will immediately go to the maid. This servant will go now, greetings to Consort Xi."

When the servant leaved the chambers, the Consort immediately started to dress up and, after roughly ten minutes, she was ready to depart to the Palace of Eternal Spring.

———

Meanwhile at the Palace of Eternal Spring, the personal eunuch of the Emperor returned from the Imperial Investigation Department, and he was reporting everything to the Emperor.

"Your Majesty, by your orders we search Noble Lady Wei's chambers, we found this doll of wood with cuts and pig's blood – then the eunuch showed the doll to the Emperor – Your Majesty please be careful, this is still a cursed item."
The eunuch slowly showed the doll to the Emperor, he was furious. From the expression he made, everyone slowly bowed their head terrified, nobody dared to move.

"Search the concubines palace's too, we must find the culprit."

"Yes, your Majesty! – all the guards bowed, then the chiefs added, – we will immediately start the investigation, guards, follow me!"

When the guards leaved the palace, the Empress Dowager was trying to be calm and composed, like a noble woman should do always, but she was trembling; she was scared. Cursed items brings bad memories to the old woman, as she slowly reaches with her hand the tea, she saw a maid coming towards her.

The maid then bend lowly to the Empress Dowager's ear, and started whispering to her
"Your Majesty, this maid has something to report to the Empress Dowager, I'm from the Palace of Great Brillance."

"from the Palace of Great Brillance? I didn't hear that name from a long time, I'm wondering what Consort Xi has to tell me."

"You can speak, this old buddha is listening, but be mindful of your words."
The Empress Dowager was showing her authority, trying to hide the fear she felt just minutes ago.

"This nubi is the personal maid of Consort Xi, we came here to report that Noble Lady Wei is trying to scam Imperial Concubine Jian, Noble Lady Wei ordered to her maids to place the cursed item in Imperial Concubine Jian's desk and then another one under Imperial Concubine Xian's bed, this was all saw with my eyes and another maid, the second in comand in Consort Xi's Palace."