16. The Sun and The Moon

The photo I used as the chapter cover is
Noble Lady Gu during the selection.
The photo I used it's not mine, credit to the rightful owner.

-

At the Palace of Eternal Spring, in the bed chambers situated in the side hall, Jiao Wei was screaming while giving birth to the twins, the chief maid and of her palace, along the nurse maid, was giving orders left and right to the maids, while the Imperial Doctors were behind a screen, trying to help even if they couldn't actually intervene.

"NiangNiang, birthing twins isn't easy! remember that the balance between ying and yang must be maintained!" said Imperial Doctor Xu.

Jiao Wei screaming intensified, as she says "It hurts so much!", the maid was trying to help Consort Zhen mentally, reassuring her that if she pushes a little more, the twins will be born in minutes, since she was already giving sign of birthing the first child, "NiangNiang please push a little more! The little Royal childs will be born soon!"

As Jiao Wei lets out another screaming, the nurse hurriedly says, "I can see the head!"
'I need to give my all', as Jiao Wei thought this, she pushes more and finally she hears a baby cry, "NiangNiang, the first baby is born!"

Earing this, the Imperial Doctors behind the screen, congratulated Jiao Wei, "Congratulations NiangNiang!", then Imperial Doctor Xu asked, "Is the Princess looking healthy?"

"Yes! She's an adorable Princess!", replied the nurse maid.
Jiao Wei, even if she was still tired from just giving birth to one child, she still lift her head up, looking at her daughter crying, she let out a smile; her daughter was still covered in blood and other dirt, but she's was still adorable and good-loking. The maids and the nurses noticing the blood covered Princess, two of them took the Princess and said, "Nubi will immediately clean the Princess and bring her to NiangNiang later."

Jiao Wei didn't have time to reply, that she starts to scream another time, feeling that her other child wanted to come out.

-

Meanwhile, the Emperor along three other concubines, were waiting impatiently for news in the hall of the Palace.
When the concubines arrived at Consort Zhen's Palace, the Emperor was already there, and he permitted only Imperial Noble Consort Qi, Noble Consort Xi and Imperial Concubine Xian to enter his beloved's Palace, mainly because he trusted that at least them won't think of harming either Jiao Wei or the twins, also he noticed how Imperial Noble Consort recently changed, he didn't hear much about her schemings by his secret spies, and was behaving so much better; he didn't see this behavior from her since they were in the Fourth Prince Manor, but maybe it was for the better, 'If she really changed, I might consider her for the Empress throne.'
Meanwhile, the other concubines were left waiting outside Consort Hua's Palace, were seat, refreshments and tea were provided by the maids

The three concubines in the hall were seating while drinking some tea, that was imported recently from Joseon, during the banquet. Noble Consort Xi, noticing the awkward silence, and to also do something while waiting for news, she decided to start a conversation.

"Your Majesty, this concubine knows that when women are pregnant, if they like sour food, you will give birth to a son. If the woman likes spicy food, then the child its a daughter, – Noble Consort Xi looked closely at the Emperor's expression, – what does His Majesty think?"