We belong together

Peeta POV

I couldn't stop smiling at my phone. I'm pretty sure I looked like a complete idiot with the smile I had on my face. I can't help it, I'm proud of Finnick. He finally decided to settle down.

"What are you smiling about?" I look up to see Glimmer in front of me.

"The joy of life, my dear sister, the joys of life"

"Yeah, I need more details"

I look around to make sure no one else is here. I signal for Glimmer to come closer.

"Finnick proposed to Annie, and she said yes"

Glimmer's mouth drops open and she covers it with her hand. I press a finger to my lips.

"Sssssshhhhhh it's our secret. They want to be the ones to tell everyone, and I don't want to spoil it"

Glimmer nods, she had a gigantic smile on her face. Is that how I looked? I hope not.

"Anyway, have you spoken to Katniss lately?" I shuffle my feet, but quickly stop before Glimmer saw.

"Yeah, I just got off the phone with her. Why?"

"Does she still like Cato?"

"Nah. After what happened last month, she is totally over him."

I felt my heart jump in my chest. I wanted to happy dance. Instead I put on a fake pouty face.

"Damn. It would have been cool to have her as a sister"

"Don't play that game with me. "

I look at my sister. I stared at her. God I can never tell what she is thinking.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

She rolls her eyes.

"I'm not as stupid as everyone thinks. I know you like Katniss."

I stare at her. The girl is completely clueless about everything. You like somebody and suddenly she's a genius.

"You tell anyone and you won't live to see your wedding day"

She smirks at me.

"It's our little secret"

***********************************

Glimmer POV

Wow. Peeta is really the only person who trusts me. He tells me all his secrets and I can tell him mine.

"Well I gotta go. Love you Glim"

"Love you too. Where are you going?"

"Cato, Marvel, Finnick, Gale, Thresh, and myself are going to hang out. Oh and by the way, mom and dad went to a movie. So you're going to be home alone. Try not to burn the house down."

I smiled and hugged my brothers. I honestly don't know what I would do without them. I watched them leave, and locked the door behind them.

I smiled. I had the whole house to myself. I went into my room to grab my phone. As I walked near the bed, I hear the door slam shut. I spun around.

"Gloss?"

"Hey Glim"

"Don't call me that. My name is Glimmer. GLIMMER, G-L-I-M-M-E-R"

"C'mon baby, don't be like that"

"Don't call me 'baby' "

"Why not?"

"Because we broke up. Get the hell out of my house before I call the cops"

Gloss says nothing, he just raises his hands in defeat and walks out of my room, and out the back door.

************************************

Peeta POV

I am griping the car door for dear life. Why the freaking hell did I let Cato drive? He's a maniac!!!! I feel my heart rate slow when we pull up in front of Marvel's house.

"You. Are. Going. To. Kill. Me" I say through gritted teeth.

"Calm down, you're alive aren't you?"

Cato beeps the horn, and the front doors open. I look out the window expecting to see Marvel, but guess who I see instead. Katniss. I feel my throat go dry. She is wearing skin tight jeans and a loose crop top. Damn she looks beautiful.

"Hey guys, Marvel should be out in a few"

"Kitty kat, how's it going?" I stare at my brother. Since when does he call her kitty Kat?

"Pretty good sword master, what about you?"

I look at her to see her blushing. Damn she looks cute when she blushes. I snap myself out of my thoughts.

"Kitty kat? Sword master?" I'm looking from Cato to Katniss back to Cato then Katniss and yeah you get the point.

"Finnick gave everyone nicknames" she starts simply.

"Oh" I mumbled. "What's mine?"

"LOVER BOY" Cato smirks and starts making kissy faces.

"Hey guys, sorry, Marvel will be here soon"

We both look up to see Clove. She is wearing black leggings and an oversized sweater. I look at Cato, I swear he is about to start drooling.

I take out my phone and text Glimmer.

Peeta🍞
Hey sis

Glimmer💎
Hey bro, wassup

Peeta🍞
You didn't hear it from me, but I think Cato likes Clove

Glimmer💎
Ooooooo, they are perfect for each other

Peeta🍞
Yeah

Just like Katniss is for me. Oh Katniss, my sweet, adorable, beautiful Katniss, why can't you see we belong together?