Courage or insanity

First, I would like to promise you all I have not stopped this story. Second, I would like to explain to you why I dropped off the radar again for the last few months. The day after I posted my last chapter my grandma was rushed to the hospital. She was in and out of the hospital for over two months so instead of writing i was trying to help my parents out with taking care of her... she passed away in June and I sunk into a depression losing my creativity for a little bit... I'm not completely back but I finally started typing again and finished this chapter at last. I am determined to finish this story. It has just turned into a long drawn out process and I'm sorry for constantly keeping you all waiting. I'll start on the next chapter but I make no promises of when I will have it done. Until then, enjoy what I can give you finally.

Faithy waithy

Chapter: Courage or insanity

Crystal POV

"Try again," Katara said. "Remember not to break concentration."

I stepped back getting into my stance. Lifting my hands, I worked on forming a ball of ice in front of me. As I slowed the molecules, I focused on each one shaping into a frozen element. The ball started to form, and then I molded it into a lemur head as I continued to hold it in the air. Katara beamed when she saw I was finally successful. Dropping the lemur head ice figurine back to the grass, I watched as it rolled a bit. Hawky hopped over and gave it a peck.

"You did it!! See! I told you it is all about confidence. You believing in yourself is all it takes to become a master."

I smiled over at her. "Having a good teacher is also a benefit." I then looked over at the ice. "But so is sleeping without running from a sadistic Fire Lord in my dream."

My ability to bloodbend had made me hesitant to really resume any training on my waterbending. I guess I was scared of myself more than I should've been. But after talking to my sister some more, and her letting me know she too could bloodbend at her own will, I felt ready to move on. She let me know that she would teach more about healing, as a way to compensate for the ability neither of us wanted. Since I woke up from my nap, Katara had been teaching me different forms of bending. It was nice to have the distraction. Plus, my body was finally feeling stronger after the trauma it had faced the other week.

As I went to try the move Katara teached me again, I was stopped by a familiar call.

"Hey!" Aang exclaimed. "We were starting to worry!" He landed suddenly between us, shutting his glider. Momo landed beside him, and then stepped over to the lemur head figurine pawing at it. It moved at his touch, and Momo hissed. Hawky squawked as well and the two flew off together. "Well... not Momo I guess," Aang muttered. He walked over to the ice and picked it up in his hands. He held it in front of his face so it looked like he was wearing an icy lemur mask. "You both should head back. It's getting close to dinner."

I was shocked. "It's really that late already?! How long was I asleep?"

Katara placed a hand on my shoulder. "Not long enough. I want you to sleep tonight too. If you start to have nightmares just remember what I told you: You are safe."

I met her watery blue eyes and smiled. "Thank you, Katara... I'm so lucky to have a little sister like you. Sometimes I forget I'm older when I'm with you."

She hugged me, saying, "You are always protecting me, so don't ever think I don't see you as my older sister."

Aang sniffled. "Aw! I love you guys and your sisterhood!" He dropped the lemur head and suddenly grabbed us both in a hug. we laughed inviting him in as well.

"We love you too Aang," I promised. "I definitely think of you as a little brother."

Eventually we got back to the temple and I helped Katara prepare some dinner. Toph and Ty Lee were glad to find I was feeling better. Toph punched me in the shoulder telling me to perk up before I drove her crazy with concern. I promised them all I would do my best.