Fire Lord Zuko

So... this chapter is a bit longer than I anticipated. I hope you all like it though. One more to go after this one.

Chapter 71: Fire Lord Zuko

(Third Person POV)

An airship was parked on the stone pillar that overlooked Wulong Forest and the ocean. The comet was gone and the sun was starting to set. Crashed airships floated in the water below with Fire Nation soldiers standing on top of the machines to keep from drowning.

Aang stood on the center of the towering stone pillar wearing nothing but his pants, revealing his blue arrow tattoos in full, while smoke rose to the sky from the massive fire he had just put out. Momo was perched on his shoulder, looking at the scene around them curiously. Slumped against a boulder on the stone pillar was a man with messy long black hair, no shirt or shoes, and shut eyes. His face showed defeat.

Aang had just used energybending to take Ozai's firebending away. He was grateful for the Lion-Turtle's knowledge and teaching. He had not wanted to kill, and he would not have to.

The door to the airship opened. Suki and Toph helped Sokka hop down the steel platform onto the pillar with one foot. His left leg was already wrapped with gauze they had found on the ship. They were all pretty certain it was broken. Sokka was just grateful Suki had saved both him and Toph from falling to their deaths right after he broke it. He was however bummed he had lost his boomerang and sword.

Sokka hopped over using both girls as a crutch. He spoke to Aang with praise. "You did it! You should have seen yourself, it was amazing!" He lifted his arms from both of the girls shoulders and stood on one leg. He then made a bunch of punching gestures. "You were all like, 'pshoom, pfoom, pfoom, phish, whoom' and then the Fire Lord was all like, 'eugh, eh, eh, eh, eugh, aye.'" He said the last part pretending to choke himself.

Suki inched towards Ozai cautiously and pointed at him. "So, did you... you know...finish the job?"

Ozai opened his eyes and glared at Suki. "I'm still alive."

Suki stepped back quickly.

Upon hearing Ozai speak though, Sokka's eyes narrowed. His blood started to boil. The excitement of the victory was gone, and spite filled the young Water Tribe warrior. He had hoped the man was dead... Aang spared him... Hearing the man speak suddenly made him remember how much he hated the once powerful Fire Lord. Seeing the man still breathing brought out his fury.

Aang spoke, not noticing Sokka's sudden scowl. "I learned there was another way to defeat him and restore balance. I took his bending away."

Toph was astonished. "Wow, who taught you that?"

Aang shrugged. "A giant Lion-Turtle."

Toph smiled. "You have the craziest adventures when you disappear."

Sokka heard their conversation, but his mind also carried away. He remembered what Crystal had told him and Katara back at the Western Air Temple:

"He threatened to kill my family... to hurt me... rape me... and all I could do was stand there and try not to get myself killed... I was so tired... but he wouldn't let me rest. He dressed me up like a doll and shoved me into a room full of drunks who only saw me as an item of pleasure... they made me sing forever it seemed... forced wine down my throat... and to punish me for trying to disobey, the Fire Lord branded me with the object that was once a symbol of Zuko and I's love..."

Sokka ripped the knife he kept in his belt out and jumped towards the Fire Lord on one foot. Everyone was shocked by his sudden attack. Sokka dropped down on his good knee so he could shove the man to the ground by the shoulder and he placed his blade against Ozai's throat. Tears fell down Sokka's cheeks. Ozai was horrified by the blade on his flesh.