Restarting Our Story (P.2)

Dedicated to: Larika6

Clementine awoke in her bed, rubbing her eyes, and yawning. Wait a minute, she woke up, last thing Clementine knew she was dying in Louis' arms. Jumping out of her bed, she was met with the pink walls with pale purple accents, her room from when she was eight. Hyperventilating, she thought she was going crazy, thinking that she was imagining everything, or that meeting Louis and the rest of the Ericson kids was a dream- or rather- the entire world ending to be a dream. "Clem? Clemmy-Clue, it's time to get up!" Sandra started as she opened the slightly cracked door all the way so she could enter and wake the child she thought was still slumbering. "Oh, you're already up, did you have a nightmare?" The in-house sitter asked as she approached small Clementine with a look of concern, it wasn't an often occurrence when little her would have nightmares, but they caused her to be too afraid to go back to sleep. Shaking her head, Clementine looked up at Sandra, whom wore the outfit she was wearing the last time Clementine seen her. "Alright then, let's get you ready, before breakfast gets cold." The young woman suggested before walking to Clementine's closet and gathering an outfit for her small charge.

After her outfit was on, Clem walked into the kitchen, unsure of what to do. If this was how the world was now, and the walkers were just a bad dream, would that mean that Sandra was safe? That her parents would come home? That Lee would... still go to jail? Would everything be the way that it was before that fateful day that the world went to... crap? Crap was okay to say now right? Or would she have to pretend to think that was a swear word too, like when she was younger? But if that were a dream, then thinking that was wrong! Because she wasn't a sixteen- almost seventeen- year old in an eight year-old's body, she would be... herself? Yeah, that sounded right. Silently, Clementine nodded to herself, determined that all of the bad things that had happened was just a really, really detailed bad dream. "How about some cartoons?" Sandra asked in her 'I'm trying to distract myself from my boyfriend not texting me' voice.

Eagerly, Clem nodded, "Yes please! It's been forever since I seen cartoons!"

That earned a confused look from her babysitter,"it's only been one night sweetie, not an entire year."

"It feels like forever!" The girl exclaimed in response, gaining an eye roll from her babysitter. Sandra did as she was asked, skimming past the news channels in favor of the cartoons her small charge was asking for, ignoring the frantic tones. Clementine, however; took notice almost immediately. "Wait! Go back one!" Confused, her babysitter did as she requested, stopping on a news station.

"Carley? Doug? Are you two alright?" The news anchor asked, before a slip of paper was slipped in front of her, prompting the reporter to look back at the camera, remembering to glance at the paper as she spoke. "Excuse me all, it seems that our field reporters have encountered the things they were reporting on, the CDC encourages all citizens to isolate themselves from the outside world, and if anyone has a high fever assume they have been infected. Do not approach, isolate them in a different room, or leave the area immediately. I do not know what this is, but I wish you all the best, godspeed everyone."

Clementine's eyes widened as she realized what was truly happening... she'd gone back in time, back to the beginning of the end. AJ wasn't born yet, and the way Sandra looked- she'd end the same way she had the first go-round, and Lee was going to come rescue her from her treehouse. There were frantic knocks on the door, and screams outside that she hadn't noticed before, something that gave her goosebumps. "Clem, you go hide behind the counter, I'll get the door."

"No! You heard the news woman, we have to stay inside, we might get infected if you open the door!"

"Clementine, go hide, this is the last time I'm telling you this." With tears in her eyes, Clem did as she was told, upset that Sandra was going to die again. She remembered this. It wasn't hard to, it was all coming back with each passing second. "Hello?"