Trying To Live Without Light

Restarting Our Story Update:

yeah, hi, that is still in the works. I have just been feeling a bit down lately and I am trying to work through some feelings that I don't feel too okay with. Oh, and trying to scheduel a meeting with a therapist during a pandemic is confusing, and the person I'm so used to talking to about this stuff is gonna be gone. For a long time, so Please be safe where ever you live, and I wish all of you a happy holiday season.

|ALSO, please remember that you all matter, and are amazing in every way. Take care of yourselves out there, mentally and physically, cause like... both are VERY important.|

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SUMMARY: Clem dies after the birth of their daughter, time skips, Louis eventually loves his daughter. He gets bit at 36, a countdown with his life flashing before his eyes and he sees his darling again.
WARNING: YOU'RE GONNA NEED TISSUES! I repeat, TISSUES ARE MANDETORY! I think there's a swear or three in here somewhere, but I can't remember... it's been a while since I wrote it. Plus... we got like 5,300 words before the author's note so I hope ya read fast or have a long time to read it!

     She tried to tell him, she told him that one of them would die. Alvin Junior couldn’t get the concept that she could die in his head, even after she nearly died two years prior, so he stayed shut up in his room the entirety of her first trimester. Eventually, he emerged from his room, and ignored the fact that the baby existed at all. Louis, however; always the optimist, trying to get her to see that both his love and baby girl would live. 

Now, it was time, and the baby was born. A beautiful, glowing, baby girl. Shortly after Clementine held her daughter, Ruby announced that the woman wouldn’t stop bleeding. Clementine assured her that she knew what was happening. “Well, what is it Clem?” Ruby impatiently demanded as Clementine smiled down at their daughter

“I’m dying.” She said with a smile directed at their child. “Can I name her Louis?” she requested meekly. 

Clementine never asked meekly what she could and couldn’t do, and he nodded, understanding what exactly was happening. “You’re gonna live, and it’s not gonna matter anyways.”  

At that she shook her head and frowned, “Ruby will you continue AJ’s lessons, and teach her? Please?” The southern woman gave a short nod in response. “Thank you, now for a name.” Looking down at the baby, Louis could feel the tears in his eyes, as her seemingly limitless light slowly began to die. “I think that Carlee Marie Everett suits you just fine, my little love.” Clementine had slowly began to fall in love with the being that was growing inside of her, her malice slowly falling to reveal an adoration and impatience to meet someone new. “Louis, can you hold her? I need to speak to AJ.” 

She was holding that… thing in his direction, the being that killed his wife of two and a half years, Clem’s eyes were filled with an exasperated desperation. Even still, he didn’t open his arms to the object. “That killed you Clementine, I can’t… I’m sorry.” he walked out of the room, leaving Ruby and Clementine in the room. AJ walked in after he walked out, leaving him in his grief.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Louis returned to the room after that, clearly upset at how he’d left Clementine. She was asleep, but her breaths were becoming more shallow, and her bedsheets were stained with her blood. It was almost a shame to wake her, but he had to, he had to apologize before she wouldn’t be able to understand it. He’d shaken her shoulder and was slightly surprised when she opened her eyes and they were still the beautiful honey color that he’d remembered. “Hey.” She said weakly as she tried to sit up, trying to get comfortable.