Chapter 6

Anna

Yesterday Ian got suspended for a whole week thus destroying my hope of keeping Sebastian and Cath separate.

I look at my food distastefully , not feeling hungry at all. Sebastian is sitting opposite from me. Beside him Catherine. They are both laughing now.

I pity myself. A day ago , I was lying about how Sebastian's interest in Cath is because I told him to talk to her. And today , here I am , trying to find any evidence that can prove Sebastian is not friend with me because of Cath .

But he is. He befriended me so that he can use me as an excuse to come closer to Catherine Hawk . He did it yesterday when he used me as an excuse to sit behind Cath. He did it this morning when he asked Cath to join us in lunch , because I will love it .

The fact is he wants Cath to join us. And he is doing it now. Using me as a catalyst to carry on a conversation with Cath. At this moment , I can't even decide who do I hate more. Catherine Hawk or Sebastian Dane ?

Maybe myself. My fault I like a guy who doesn't like me. My fault I allow myself to be fooled that he wants to be friends with me because he likes me. My fault I am friend to Catherine Hawk. Apparently the most beautiful girl in school according to Sebastian.

My fault I just can't dump my untouched food on Seb and Cath and storm out of the cafeteria.

I sigh quietly and decide to join their conversation. " I am not feeling hungry. " I say. For once I thought they are just going to I me like I didn't say anything. But luckily nothing of sort happens. Sebastian's pale blue eyes finally spare me a glance .

Now that he is looking at me , I realise how much I have craved those stunningly light blue eyes to be on me this whole day. " Are you feeling alright ?" Sebastian is concerned about me. At least he cares about me. That makes me happy. I smile for the first time today. " I am fine. If you want , you can have it ." I push my lunchbox in his direction .

He eyes my untouched food and looks up with genuine concern this time " you haven't touched anything. At least eat one sandwich . You have to survive the rest of the day ."

" What happen to you ? You never skip meals. You are the biggest foodie I have ever seen. " Cath laughs .I don't feel like laughing. I feel like slapping her until my own hands bleed.

My own heart's violent desire stuns me. I have never in my life fought with anyone in school or at home since I don't have any siblings.

" I need to go to library once before class starts . So ... I have to go. "

Before leaving the only thing I noticed , the only thing I felt worth noticing , is the frown on Sebastian's face.

On my way to library and through my entire time in library and on my back to class from library , the only thing I do is recalling Sebastian's face . Not intentionally at all . It just happens . Your mind goes back to that one person who occupies it.

It's one thing to steal a hurt . And a completely another thing to infiltrate a mind. Sebastian achieved the latter like a formula one champion . He has been nesting in my mind since that very first time my eyes met his absurd blue ones. Till this day I have not found a proper satisfactory way to describe his eyes. Probably because I don't need one. His eyes are bored in my mind . Always present as a livid picture behind my own eyes.

                                    °°°

it's difficult to find Cath alone as Sebastian is always with her . And it's difficult to find Sebastian alone because Cath is always with him . As if Sebastian is the new Ian .