Chapter 15

Sebastian

Sixteen calls and twenty eight texts. All went unanswered . So I decided to meet her myself. I rang the bell of her apartment which is only two blocks away from mine.

It takes her ten minutes to open the door. She's in her night pajamas and a white tank top . She looks gorgeous .

She looks at me stupefied. I walk in without her permission. " Why are you not answering my calls ?" I probably look hideous now. Considering the twenty four hours I've spent in hospital outside the operation theatre.

" I've been busy ." Is all she says. She's standing at the door , me three foot away from her. It feels like unintentionally we've chosen perfect positions for a Earth shattering fight. An ugly one . The one after which we'll both end up in tears on floor. But not together. She'll be here and me in my apartment.

" Why don't we sit down and talk about it like two civilians. "

Cath looks heavenwards . Her eyes tearing up. " I can't do this anymore Sebastian. "

I freeze. " What can't you do anymore ? Talking like civilians or this whole relationship. " Even I can't recognize my voice. It's gruff and rough. That's not my voice. That's Cath's boyfriend's voice , who's about to have another ugly fight with his girlfriend .

She stares at me for a whole minute. Her hands twisting and fisting the material of her pajamas. " Both. "

I laugh . " I should have seen this coming ." I put my hands on my hips and exhale forcibly .

" Do you even know what I'm going through ?" I say it as if it's all her fault . She glares at her through teary eyes . " How would I ? Have you even told me what's really going on ?"

What should I tell her ? That I lost my shit and pushed my father down the stares ? That will definitely make her proud of me.

" I just asked you leave me alone for sometime. " And then I realize , this is exactly what she's doing . Leaving me . Damn Cath !

" I didn't mean breaking up by that !" I say in a rush . I try to take her in my arms but she walks away. " No Sebastian. "

" Cath !"

" Don't come near me !" That's a warning . So I stop and stare at her . She wipes her eyes with the back of her wrist and take a few deep breaths calming her nerves .

" Hear me out first . And don't interrupt me . " She says more steady now. But my balance is slipping . Still I nod , like I get her .

" Three months Sebastian . Three months you have ignored me like plague . No calls , no texts , no meetings . You didn't even call me on my birthday. "

Cath's birthday ! Damn ! I hate you Anna Delaney. I have never been good with remembering birthdays. She was supposed to remind me. I want to laugh again . She left and now her friend is leaving me too. I can see it. The same tears and red splotchy cheeks and running nose. I hate this kind of goodbyes .

" I waited till midnight clutching my phone tight to my chest . But your call never came. "

" All this is about your birthday then ?" I don't understand what exactly her complain is .

" You don't get it , do you ? Gosh ! You are so dumb ! Idiot . I shouldn't have chose you over Ian !" She spats venomously . The little patience I've in me starts to snap .

" Don't Cath ! You and me , we both knows you never really cared for Ian . It was all a time pass for you . And now that I think of , probably I am too . Is that why you want to break up ? Because you need a new boy toy . "