Chapter 17

Sebastian

The extra cheese melts in my mouth and my taste buds Sparks up like a thousand fireworks on new year's Eve. " It's damn good !" I say through a mouthful of the pizza. I have realized I like Thanos ' voice in the movie. It's manly and deep , even though he kind of looks like a walking , talking giant brinjal.

Anna picks up another piece from the plate. Not fair. The pizza should be equally shared. She's on her third piece while I've just started my second. I pull the plate slowly towards my side but cease my action when Anna looks sharply at the plate and then at me. " What are you doing ?" She asks. Her pizza suspended halfway to her mouth .

I remove my hand swiftly and blink twice. Clearing my throat I say " Nothing. " One look at Anna and I kind of burst into a laughter , well as much as you can laugh with a mouthful of pizza.

" What now ?" She gives me an annoyed look. She looks like a younger female version of an annoyed santa.

" Cheese . " I try to swallow the contents of my mouth. " Cheese ?" She squeaks.

" All over your face ." I wave a finger in a circle in front her face.

" Oh God !" Her eyes widen. She places her free hand on her cheek instinctively. I grab my phone from the table and quickly open the camera with the night vision mode and click a picture of her.

" See ." I hand her the phone. She glares at her picture and then at me. " Why did you click my picture in this condition ?" Before she could delete it , I snatch the phone out of her hand.

She puts the half eaten piece of pizza on the plate and yells over the crashing sound of weapon with weapon on TV , " Delete that . "

" No . Never. " I smirk . She leans forward and almost jumps on my lap in the attempt to reach over to the phone. I stretch my hands as far as possible , leaning away from her. The fresh scent of her fruity shampoo fills my nostrils . I find myself breathing in her scent. It's fragrance resembles that of strawberries and oranges .

She sits back on the sofa and frowns hard " why are you doing this ?" It's hard not to laugh at her scrunched up silly face. But it also hard not to want to smell her again .

If I were her I would first clean up my face . But Anna is Anna. She's more concerned about the photo than her own face . I grab her wrist and pull her close so that I can see her face more clearly under the dim lights of my living room .

If either of us lean a little , our noses would be touching. Her nose is small and pointed. It kind of suits her. It makes her look efficient and smart. Which she is.

Taking a tissue from the box on the table , I gently dab on her chin , jaw and lips. Her lips parted and bends over as I rub the cheese away. I can see the tiny , almost unnoticeable mole right above her upper lip , at the left corner. Interesting , how I've never noticed it before.

Involuntarily , my thumb brush against it. She takes and releases a breath take sounds a lot like a gasp. I stare at her lips , weird desires clouds my mind that reminds me of thick , dark clouds blurring the sun and then hiding the ball of fire behind them.

I allow my thumb to trace her lower lip and watch her closing her eyes. Her breathing becoming erratic with every passing second. I find myself anticipating the very same agonizing urge to touch her lips with mine .

I pull back my hands swiftly , as if her skin has just burned me. Before Anna could open her eyes , I push myself up from the sofa and almost sprint to my bedroom in lightning speed.

When she opened her eyes , the only thing she probably saw was my retreating back . She doesn't deserve this. I close the door softly after me and collapse on the floor against the door. I close my eyes and rest my head on the back of the door.