The First Confession

"He was danger, godly in his own way. He was wilder than anyone could imagine but she was the only one who could tame him, as she was a saint, a perfect example of an angel.."

Shawn awoke to the sound of shouting. He closed his eyes when he realised that it was his father. He sighed. His father shouting in the dining room was a common sight.

Shawn went to his bathroom and turned the shower on. As the cold water ran down his body, he sighed heavily. It's been like this since..so many years. His life was in a turmoil. He had faced so many things that broke him completely.

But then he had his reputation to hold in college. The playboy. The most handsome guy. The smart boy. The jerk. He didn't want anything. He just wanted everything to go back to normal.

He went out of the bathroom, got dressed and went downstairs. He didn't take a long time to do what he had to, so, he could see that his father was fighting with someone over the phone. He sighed. He knew who it was.

His father hung up the phone in a fit of anger and sat down. Shawn gave him a glass of water. His father drank the water and looked at him sadly.

"It's her, isn't it ?" asked Shawn.

"Yeah..you know, the usual.." said his father.

"Oh. Um, where's Fallon ?" asked Shawn.

"She went to her friend's house, Olivia. She's gonna go to school directly." said his father.

"Of course. Girls' night." said Shawn.

His father nodded.

"I better go, son. Your mother has worsen my mood. See you at College. " said his father as he left the house.

Shawn sat down on the couch, defeated. Of course, his mother. The next day was Saturday. He had to go to his mom's.

He sighed as he took his bag and rode to his college.

"Hey bro ! What's up ?" said Zach, as the trio caught up with Shawn.

"Nothing, just peachy. " said Shawn.

Zach looked at Shawn but he did not push it as Nick and Dominic were there.

Zach and Shawn were best friends since he had moved from here. They were neighbors. And now, they had moved back together. Zach was crazy, quirky and weird, but he understood Shawn completely. In fact, he was the only one who understood him. His fears, his sadness, his heartbreaks, his problems, everything. They were brothers, not by blood but by their hearts.

At the basketball game, Shawn kept on missing. He couldn't make a single basket.

The coach called upon him.

"Hayes. Listen. I know that you are the star player. But this game is serious. That's why we are having overtime practices. It's Northwood against St. John's. There is no way we can lose. It's our big time. Practice hard. Or else, we'll have no other choice to keep you back. I trust you, Hayes, you're a good kid. Just, make it work. Okay ?" said Coach Patrick.

"Yes Coach." said Shawn.

He sat on the benches and stared at the ground.

"Need some help ?" a voice startled him.

"Zach ! What's up dude ?" said Shawn.

"It's a good thing to do. Try it. They are really helpful. I read it somewhere. He might just help you out.." said Zach.

"What do you mean..?" asked Shawn.

"A letter. Write a letter to God. You'll feel very light." said Zach.

"About what exactly ?" asked Shawn.

"You problems, duh !" said Zach.

"I- I don't have one, Zacharias." said Shawn, looking away.

"Keep on lying. Keep on denying. But you know that's not the truth. Try it, Hayes. God might surprise you." said Zach.

Shawn nodded.

Later that day, Shawn sat in the farthest corner of an empty classroom. He was thinking about something else when he absentmindedly took out a blank paper. And then he started to write.

Dear God,

My life is a mess. I know you know that. So, Zach asked me to write to you. I have no idea why I am doing it. It's stupid, I know. It seemed the best option, maybe ? I don't know. I'm gonna burn this letter anyway.

So, you know, My dad, my mom, my sister, my friends, my reputation, etc. Everything that has been going on in my life. I am sick and tired. Better advice ?

Oh who am I kidding ?! I writing a letter to God ! He'll never answer !

I'm gonna stop. Just know, my life is messed up. It's far from being perfect. I'm a mess, fix me maybe ?

The Boy Who's Crazy,
Shawn Hayes.

When the college ended, Shawn met up with Zach.

"So, I did it." said Shawn.

"W..hat ?" asked Zach, tilting his head.

"Oh shut up ! The letter. God. All that relief shit that you asked me to do." said Shawn.

"Oh..well, good. What are you gonna do about it ?" asked Zach.

"The letter ? I'm gonna burn it. In fact, right now." said Shawn.

He put his hand inside his bad to take the letter out. He couldn't find it. He searched and searched.

"Shit ! Dude ! I can't find it !" exclaimed Shawn.

"Holy Shit bro ! No one should get that letter !" said Zach.

Shawn looked at Zach grimly. And that's when he knew that he had messed up. He had messed up big time.

"Oh no. I have messed up. Badly."

So guys ! Hey ! Sorry ! I can't update other stories for now ! I am focusing on this story right now ! So..here..enjoy !