Second Time, Maybe ?

"He went to her again, the reason unknown to him, it was a strange feeling, she embraced him with open arms, giving him the love he deserved, and he made a place for her in his life, letting the habit of having her around settle in his little heart."

Shawn was hesitant. He had no idea why he was doing it. It didn't occur to him in the first place, but then, suddenly....

He shook his head.

'I shouldn't do this. Nevermind. Let's skip these. Ignore. Yeah, I should probably-'

Shawn was interrupted from his thoughts by the voice of his three best friends. It was a Sunday. It's been two days since he got his letter.

"Hey bro !" said Dominic.

Shawn smiled at him.

"Um, what's wrong with Hayes ?" asked Nick.

"What ? What's wrong with me ?" asked Shawn.

"You're lost somewhere. Wait, is there a new girl ?" said Nick.

"What ? No !" said Shawn.

Nick nodded, slightly unsure.

"So, what's up guys ? What's going on ?" asked Dominic.

"Just, um, unsure, maybe ?" said Shawn, softly.

"Okay, forget it ! Spill, Hayes.." said Nick.

"Spill ? W-what ? What is there to spill ?" asked Shawn, nervously.

"Okay. Stop. Shawn Hayes. Hiding something. And nervous. What is going on ?!" asked Dominic.

"Okay okay. Fine. So, Zach over here, asked me, to, um, write a, uh, letter, to, um, God, about my, uh, problems in life..and well, I wrote it okay ?! Then I lost it, but then I found it in that old letter box in Ms. Paula's class..and well, a letter was attached to it. Apparently, it was a girl who wrote back, she seems to know me..I think.." explained Shawn.

"Wait a sec, a girl knows who you are, and still didn't fangirl over you ?" asked Dominic.

"No. I mean, that's what's shocking me too you know.." answered Shawn.

"She seems really understanding, I mean, if she was, you know, some attention seeker of something like that, she would've definitely spilled that the famous Shawn Hayes writes letters to God about his problems..but she didn't..she seems..good.." said Nick, scrunching his eyebrows in thought.

"Maybe, I mean, I don't even know who she is, let alone knowing her name..but.." said Shawn.

"Well, how do you..you know, feel about this whole thing..?" asked Dominic.

"I don't know guys..and besides, that's one scary chick..she's mysterious and well, scary..she knows who I am, but I don't know anything about her.." said Shawn.

"Too bad, maybe you'll never know.." said Nick, softly.

"Maybe, maybe not. Besides, I am writing to her again today..so-" said Shawn, casually.

"Wait ! You are writing to her again ?!" exclaimed Zach, who was quietly listening to the conversation.

"Well, yeah. I have to know who she is.." said Shawn.

"Hayes, I've known you since we were kids. Don't lie to me. You want to write to her again. Why ?" said Zach.

"Well..I don't know, okay ?! I find this scenario extremely intriguing !" exclaimed Shawn.

The others slowly nodded, taking in Shawn's revelation.

Just then, Zach's eyes widened.

"What's wrong Zach ?" asked Nick.