The Start Of Something New

"After the dry in his life, he wanted a few drops of rain. But he chose a girl who was a cyclone. She drowned him and flowed him along with her huge waves. But he survived, miraculously, asking for more.."

Shawn couldn't sleep. He had been thinking about that letter all along. If someone would read that letter, his reputation would shatter into a million pieces. There was no way he could let anyone read that. It was night. Maybe he could ask his dad ? No way, he was going to ask a lot of things.

What if the janitor read it ? What if he told it to his father ? What if a student read it ? What would that person think ? What if the school got to know about it ?

Shawn shook his head. He was thinking too much. After a lot of struggle, he finally fell asleep.

In the morning, he woke up real quick. He was worried about the letter. He quickly got ready and went downstairs.

He found his father sleeping. He checked his watch. 6:00 a.m. He went to the other room. His sister was sleeping soundily in her room. He went inside.

He loved his sister, Fallon. She was a sweet girl. Kind of the popular beauty queen of high school. Shawn was 21 years old while Fallon was 17. They were this brother- sister duo that ruled St. John's and St. Patrick's. The Hayes siblings were known due to their looks, talents and art of slaying savagely.

He went to her and kissed her head. She has been through a lot too. She was so small when it happened. And that second disaster. She was strong enough and the two siblings were each other's solace.

Shawn quickly hurried out of the room and got ready for college. He had forgotten about the letter until he caught up with Zach in the college.

"So, have you thought about it ?" asked Zach.

"I don't know. I am so..confused.." said Shawn.

"Ask the janitor, maybe ? He could've have found the letter.." said Zach.

"No. Too much risk." said Shawn.

"So, how are you going to find it ?" asked Zach.

"I'll look for it..just like old school." replied Shawn.

"It'll be like looking for a needle in a haystack. Wait, do you remember where you wrote the letter ?" asked Zach.

"Uh..I think..I wrote in Ms. Paula's class.." said Shawn, unsure.

"Okay. Try searching there during the lunch." said Zach.

"I'll miss the lunch." said Shawn.

"You want your reputation or your lunch ?" said Zach.

"Um, both ?" said Shawn.

Zach raised his eyebrows and Shawn sighed in defeat.

Later, during lunch, Shawn went to Ms. Paula's class. It was empty.

He looked for the letter everywhere. Under tables, inside desks, on chairs, on shelves, he just couldn't find it !

That's when he noticed a white post-it on a small cupboard. He went towards it.

Hey there ! If you are looking for a letter, please check the letter box on the smallest and the thinnest bookshelf. There is a surprise...

Shawn was utterly surprised just by the note.

'Some has read my letter....? I am officially, utterly, completely and hopelessly..doomed..' thought Shawn.

He didn't know what to do. He didn't want to check the letter box, or he didn't have the courage to do so. He was leaving when he quickly turned back and hurried to the letter box.